Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remember NFC Systems?

You may, you may not. You may have also heard of Sapphire's new "Not from Concentrate" video, here. In the video, you can clearly see NFC's logo, and also the fact that he reposted the video on his facebook confirms any suspicions.

So, in a nutshell, NFC has been trying to release his two case designs, the S3 (elite) and the S3 mini for quite a while now. Unfortunately, he has had trouble finding the right manufacturer, and these plans were never realized. I know a lot of us were especially waiting for the S3 mini, including me.

My guess is that this video is teasing of a new collaboration between NFC and Sapphire, maybe resulting in Sapphire entering into the mITX case market. This is not surprising, Sapphire have promoted NFC's designs in the past.

I wish this man all the luck, but remain wary. This project may not pull through either.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reindoonicorn View Post

Remember NFC Systems?

You may, you may not. You may have also heard of Sapphire's new "Not from Concentrate" video, here. In the video, you can clearly see NFC's logo, and also the fact that he reposted the video on his facebook confirms any suspicions.

So, in a nutshell, NFC has been trying to release his two case designs, the S3 (elite) and the S3 mini for quite a while now. Unfortunately, he has had trouble finding the right manufacturer, and these plans were never realized. I know a lot of us were especially waiting for the S3 mini, including me.

My guess is that this video is teasing of a new collaboration between NFC and Sapphire, maybe resulting in Sapphire entering into the mITX case market. This is not surprising, Sapphire have promoted NFC's designs in the past.

I wish this man all the luck, but remain wary. This project may not pull through either.
The store on his website also has a note "Coming Spring of 2015"

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by frack0 View Post

The store on his website also has a note "Coming Spring of 2015"
Nice find! Will be interesting to see what comes.

Also I noticed two new pictures under "S3 Mini". They are of a red version of the case. When I found it on google, however, it had the tag - "the last S3 ever built by NFC".

It saddens me, because it was the first "custom case" I had ever seen, and I still want one to this date.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Quote:

Nice find! Will be interesting to see what comes.

Also I noticed two new pictures under "S3 Mini". They are of a red version of the case. When I found it on google, however, it had the tag - "the last S3 ever built by NFC".

It saddens me, because it was the first "custom case" I had ever seen, and I still want one to this date.
Yeah, I also followed his custom case progress, then when he scrapped productions plans I think I got my Node 304 then found James' Lone Industries L1/L2, still something with a little more style would be nice. It'd be cool to see him get this going, he's still got a time to market window compared to the other custom prototypes out there on this site or [H].

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Yeah, I also followed his custom case progress, then when he scrapped productions plans I think I got my Node 304 then found James' Lone Industries L1/L2, still something with a little more still would be nice. It'd be cool to see him get this going, he's still got a time to market window compared to the other custom prototypes out there on this site or [H].
Did he ever officially scrap the plan? All I ever heard of was postponement and complications.

Do you reckon we could purchase one of his prototypes?
tongue.gif

·
Registered
271 Posts
Quote:

Did he ever officially scrap the plan? All I ever heard of was postponement and complications.

Do you reckon we could purchase one of his prototypes?
tongue.gif
Well scrapping his original production(kickstarter or indiego don't remember now), found a link I had when he used to post on Xtremesystems a lot, some nice money shots. Check out some his other scratch builds there.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?282071-NFC-S3-Chassis-%28100-aluminum-ITX-and-made-in-America%29&p=5119699#post5119699

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Well scrapping his original production(kickstarter or indiego don't remember now), found a link I had when he used to post on Xtremesystems a lot, some nice money shots. Check out some his other scratch builds there.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?282071-NFC-S3-Chassis-%28100-aluminum-ITX-and-made-in-America%29&p=5119699#post5119699
That's the thread I had looked at when I first found about the S3!

Anyway, I contacted him and he said that the S3 isn't dead, and he is planning on making some in 2015. He is combining the best of the S3 elite and the S3 mini - more information in January apparently
smile.gif

Finally he told me to disregard Sapphire's video. He couldn't give me too much insight, but apparently it's nothing to get excited about, and is completely unrelated. Oh well!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts