Overclock.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
I just wondered about the normal and maximum chipset temperature for nForce4x4. Mine is between 66'C and 70'C.... any ideas?

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by linking
Hello guys,
I just wondered about the normal and maximum chipset temperature for nForce4x4. Mine is between 66'C and 70'C.... any ideas?

That's pretty hot. Do you have the chipset fan on full? If it's passive cooling, maybe mount a small fan to blow at it.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Sounds high to me as well. Do you have good air flow in your case? Sounds like you may need to need some case fans

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
nF4 chipsets are designed to withstand very high temps, with max around 90C. A well ventilated case with passive chipset cooling should keep it around 55C. Active cooling mid to high 30s.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, MSI K8neo3-F comes with a fan on the heatsink for the chipset, i am not sure if its running on max but it is doing almost 6000 rpm which i think is the max! the chipset is running 66'C normaly but under load it goes up to 70'C, I have 2 fans for the case, one blowing air in and the other sucking it out!
could there be something wrong with the heat detector? because when i open SpeedFan and watch the heat, i can see it jump from 66 to 68 to 87 to 70 to 66 and so on, i can see it jump to 87'C sometimes!

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

well, MSI K8neo3-F comes with a fan on the heatsink for the chipset, i am not sure if its running on max but it is doing almost 6000 rpm which i think is the max! the chipset is running 66'C normaly but under load it goes up to 70'C, I have 2 fans for the case, one blowing air in and the other sucking it out!
could there be something wrong with the heat ditector? because when i open SpeedFan and watch the heat, i can see it jump from 66 to 68 to 87 to 70 to 66 and so on, i can see it jump to 87'C sometimes!
It could just be a faulty reading. Has it always been like this or just recently. When I first got this board, apparently the CPU temp was 120°C

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ste
It could just be a faulty reading. Has it always been like this or just recently. When I first got this board, apparently the CPU temp was 120°C

I realy have no idea mate, when I got the mobo I installed msi's CoreCenter on it and cpu temp was and still is around 33'C and case temp is around that too. I didnt care that much about the chipset temp. cause of the low case temp. but I installed SpeedFan yesterday and that was the first time I got to see the chipset temp!

Is there other apps to read chipset temp than speedfan?

·
Premium Member
20,531 Posts
My NF4 chipset on my two asus boards (both heatpipe passive cooled) are in low 30's at all times. That seems really high.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very high indeed when the maximum temp is around 90'C !
Can I get some heatdetecting programs for the chipset please? so I can troubleshoot!

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

Very high indeed when the maximum temp is around 90'C !
Can I get some heatdetecting programs for the chipset please? so I can troubleshoot!
All software will pick up the temps from the same place. Check your bios, see if that tells you. Other than that you'll need to get a thermal probe and test it manually.

·
Banned
1,131 Posts
wow...that seems extremely high. My NF3 (250gb edition) keeps itself at 27, and 33 at load! But thats just probably because the NF4 owns NF3

If you have good airflow in ur PC then i really doubt that temp a litte bit...The airflow in my case SUCKS! but the case temp is @ 19C and cpu @29.. i would expect lower temps, cause u have an identical processor as me, and theyre the main heatsource of ur comuter...usually. (btw norway owns
)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As I said befor I have two fans only for case cooling, in the bios settings there is nothing about chipset temp.!
I have my system on factory defults now, its running 2Ghz but the chipset temp. did not drop and still jumping between 66'C and up to 80'C

I opened my case and tuched the chipset heatsink and it didnt realy feel anything like 80'C it felt a little warm more like 50-60 I guess so I added a 120mm fan!

Should I do something about it or should I just leave it ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts