Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I currently have NFSMW installed and would like to install NFSU not U2 but when I insert disc 1 of NFSU it launches MW ( well it tries to but it cant because it is not the MW cd). I tried opening the cd and clicking on setup.exe but the same thing happens in that it tries again to launch MW. I tried uninstalling MW and installing NFSU and it installed but when I try to install MW, the cd tries to launch NFSU. I hope you all understand what I am trying to say and BTW yes I know it is an old game but what can I say sometimes you must go a lil ol' school.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
That's pretty strange...
Well, the first thing I would do is go get the latest patches for both of them.

·
Banned
1,034 Posts
That problem happened for me for any game that used a cd. I wanted to play black and white 2 but the nfsmw launcg screen appeared. Although it launched BW2.

·
Banned
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the answer. You see the NFS series exe file is speed.exe for all nfs, so all I did was move speed.exe from the MW directory and then install NFSU and when it was finished installing just put back speed.exe in the MW directory. But I don't know why it was giving this problem with NFSU because I also had NFS HP2 and NFSU2 installed without a problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts