Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
4kfan
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been seeing posts with claims that nicehash was hacked and wallets got empty. Anyone has info on this? Nicehash has been down for hours with no word on the claims i am starting to worry. Dont have much on there but enough to get mad if i lost it.

·
More Vcore
1,574 Posts
I have a couple wallets on there that still show correct balances so fingers crossed.

Can't connect to any of their pools still.

·
4kfan
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not looking good. its been over 10 hours not a word from the guys at NH.

·
Banned
863 Posts
I can't even access my wallet, it says "Under Maintenance". The fact that NH team hasn't reached out to calm everyone coupled with their balance dropping to zero is good cause for concern.

·
Iconoclast
30,667 Posts
I only had a few hundred bucks worth of BTC in my NH wallet, but it's still annoying.

·
PC Evangelist
47,394 Posts
Lol. I though something wrong with my PC since I dont really use NH much.

·
PC Evangelist
47,394 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Welcome to crypto, **** happens.

I would bet they pay out $60m a week or close to it at this point, and NH wallets are not on the blockchain.

Use the downtime to maintain/update your rigs.
thumb.gif

·
4kfan
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have about half a bitcoin
:doh:
in the nh wallet. I an starting to sweat here.

·
4kfan
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
at this point them not coming out to ease peoples tensions is not very comforting.

·
4kfan
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WELP. I guesss that i lost that half a bitcoin.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NiceHash/comments/7i0s6o/official_press_release_statement_by_nicehash/

Unfortunately, there has been a security breach involving NiceHash website. We are currently investigating the nature of the incident and, as a result, we are stopping all operations for the next 24 hours.

Importantly, our payment system was compromised and the contents of the NiceHash Bitcoin wallet have been stolen. We are working to verify the precise number of BTC taken.

Clearly, this is a matter of deep concern and we are working hard to rectify the matter in the coming days. In addition to undertaking our own investigation, the incident has been reported to the relevant authorities and law enforcement and we are co-operating with them as a matter of urgency.

We are fully committed to restoring the NiceHash service with the highest security measures at the earliest opportunity.

We would not exist without our devoted buyers and miners all around the globe. We understand that you will have a lot of questions, and we ask for patience and understanding while we investigate the causes and find the appropriate solutions for the future of the service. We will endeavour to update you at regular intervals.

While the full scope of what happened is not yet known, we recommend, as a precaution, that you change your online passwords.

We are truly sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused and are committing every resource towards solving this issue as soon as possible.

·
Newb to Overclock.net
4,536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by manolith View Post

It doesn't have any impact when you say it like that.
From whattomine, 1BTC = $12,973.00. Buddy, you lost $6,486.50. That's serious dough.

·
More Vcore
1,574 Posts
Quote:

i have about half a bitcoin:doh: in the nh wallet. I an starting to sweat here.
That is a lot of money to have in an online wallet
redface.gif

My mining balances are still correct so there is that I guess.

·
4kfan
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouacyk View Post

Quote:

It doesn't have any impact when you say it like that.
From whattomine, 1BTC = $12,973.00. Buddy, you lost $6,486.50. That's serious dough.
Yea im pretty upset. Its my fault

·
More Vcore
1,574 Posts
Quote:

Well it depends on whether or not Nicehash will still be honoring account balances due to their breach. If they don't, they will be blacklisting their name from the crypto world. I don't see them doing that.

·
4kfan
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by The EX1 View Post

Quote:

Well it depends on whether or not Nicehash will still be honoring account balances due to their breach. If they don't, they will be blacklisting their name from the crypto world. I don't see them doing that.
Their lack of comunication doesnt give me much hope. Maybe im wrong

·
Registered
634 Posts
This is a major affront to miners.

Weird, it looks like the thief hasn't spent it yet. Usually they would immediately try to launder the coins.
Quick, petition the biggest pools to freeze it before it's gone!
As long as 51% of the hash power refuses to mine any blocks containing outgoing transactions from the thief's address, he will not be able to spend it.

·
4kfan
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I cant believe that 4k btc is all they had. They have to have offline wallets

1 - 20 of 38 Posts