Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I've been having a hard time choosing between either the Nighthawk X9 or the Ducky Shine II TKL and would like to know what people think about the two. For now, I've been using the keyboard on my laptop for gaming and wanted to upgrade to a mechanical (hoping to get a desktop in the near future) and i decided it was time to upgrade after my shift keys and others started breaking. I'm a little worried though about switching to a full sized keyboard since I've been using the relatively small keyboard of my laptop for almost four years now. And since I have no use for a number pad, I'm thinking it might be a waste of space and throw me off with the hand distance from the mouse. I'm also worried about the customer support from Ducky or their vendors if something goes wrong with the keyboard, being that they're a foreign company. I've heard really good things about MaxKeyboard so there's no problem there I think.

While I mostly like the build and design of the Nighthawk more, the Ducky has the allure of the TKL model and a nice design itself. So my questions are, is there really much of a difference and/or awkwardness between a full-sized and a TKL? And which would be the better fit, the Nighthawk or the Ducky?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have owned Logitech G15, Razer Tarantula, Razer Black Widow Ultimate, Deck Legend, and recently bought a Ducky DK9087 with reds and I must say the Ducky is far and away the sexiest damn keyboard of them all. I say go for the Shine II TKL and never look back!

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I own the Nighthawk X9 (Red switches) - it looks and feels great. Pretty sturdy and the extra USB connections is nice.

http://i.imgur.com/onlgB.jpg

I was debating on waiting on the WASD V2 because i like the profile of it, but it looks like its been delayed. So far ive been pretty happy with the Nighthawk X9.

My previous keyboard was a Razer Blackwidow (non-backlit) Blue MX.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts