Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 910 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's not been released yet. Releases end of April according to the site.

Driverless (which I like)

DPI Steps: • 400 [White] • 800 [Red] • 1200 [Magenta] • 1600 [Blue] • 2000 [Cyan] • 4000 [Green] • 8000 [Yellow] • 12000 [Orange]

Dimensions:
122(L) x 62(W) x 40(H) mm

G pro Dimensions for comparison:
116,6 × 62,15 × 38,2 mm

80g weight.

Rubber cable.

Able to disable leds (very important imho
smile.gif
)

1k hz default, changeable to 500.

http://ninox.co/support/venator/userguide

http://ninox.co/products/venator

Word of warning: Bst, the owner of nionix has a pretty poor reputation on esrealit, I think a lot of people ordered his first mouse, the aurora, that didn't get it. Others who needed support didn't get it etc. However this one is being sold on amazon and a lot of people seem happy with the aurora so I figure it's worth posting, but you have been warned.

I'd write a review of this if I had a copy the shape and small size look really good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,893 Posts
kind of wish it was wider at grip width... but it looks like it slopes quite a lot to the sides, which I like. I can't do flat mice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
I own the same shell from motospeed mouse that has a 3050 sensor in it. I find the shape quite comfortable, and the pointed edge at the palm of the mouse doesn't present and issue. The scroll wheel on my copy of the motospeed mouse is by far the best part of the mouse. I hope this mouse coming to market has the same scroll feel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
906 Posts
Thanks for posting it
smile.gif


It is true some people didn't receive their Aurora pre-orders, it was about 5 people, who I have worked out solutions with. Its also true my support wasn't as good as it should have been.

Anyway... I could go on and on about the Aurora, but I don't think a forum post is going to convince people, I have tried my best to improve every single area of the company that I can, all I can do is keep it up and hope people notice.

I hope people like the mouse, not just so it sells, but because it'll just feel good to know people are enjoying it. Also, because it would mean I could make more products
wink.gif


If this mouse fails, Ninox is dead, I don't think it will come back. I think that would be a shame, because if it grows, then it'll be a niche company that will make shapes that a lot of gamers want, with the sensors they want. I don't have huge aspirations to make a multi million $ company, I'm quite happy to keep it small and funded well enough to make decent products. At the moment though its still at the sapling stage, it needs a way to feed itself, and grow to a point where its strong enough, so it can do what it was meant to do. The Aurora was the first attempt, it failed, this is the second attempt, hopefully this time it'll gain enough traction.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Companies trying to make "niche" products is nice, but I, personally, wouldn't consider a product labeled as "niche" if it jumps to the DPI race just like the others.. wait, now that I think of this.. is Finalmouse the only company with enough balls to limit the 3360 dpi range?
eh-smiley.gif
It's good to see more mice options around tho, maybe if your business is successful there could be room in the future for a more "specialized" mouse using the same sensor with DPI capped to 6k (or even less cus most of the gamers I know only use 2 DPI settings.. cycling-through to 8 steps seems ******ed anyways) a more classic/safer shape, rubber cable and all the other interesting specs you claim this mouse has like being lightweight, good firmware, custom mechanical scrollwheel, driverless, etc.

The photos in the site gives me the impression this is a bigger and taller G pro lol. Looks interesting and I hope the main buttons don't disappoint. Good luck with this project
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,893 Posts
I don't think the DPI race is relevant really, probably not a downside of just simply having it available, might simply be more work to limit it to a lower number.
but in principle I agree that DPI race needs to die out soon
tongue.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benllok View Post

Companies trying to make "niche" products is nice, but I, personally, wouldn't consider a product labeled as "niche" if it jumps to the DPI race just like the others.. wait, now that I think of this.. is Finalmouse the only company with enough balls to limit the 3360 dpi range?
eh-smiley.gif
It's good to see more mice options around tho, maybe if your business is successful there could be room in the future for a more "specialized" mouse using the same sensor with DPI capped to 6k (or even less cus most of the gamers I know only use 2 DPI settings.. cycling-through to 8 steps seems ******ed anyways) a more classic/safer shape, rubber cable and all the other interesting specs you claim this mouse has like being lightweight, good firmware, custom mechanical scrollwheel, driverless, etc.

The photos in the site gives me the impression this is a bigger and taller G pro lol. Looks interesting and I hope the main buttons don't disappoint. Good luck with this project
So you just want a mouse that locks the DPI at a certain ceiling - idea of niche? I mean, I would say the whole combination of small, lightweight, rubber cable, good sensor, good switches, thought-out scroll wheel pretty niche.. I can count on one hand the number of mice that have all the above.
 

·
Not New to Overclock.net
Joined
·
3,913 Posts
I haven't paid attention to the development after the Aurora. Now I am interested.
smile.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by end0rphine View Post

So you just want a mouse that locks the DPI at a certain ceiling - idea of niche? I mean, I would say the whole combination of small, lightweight, rubber cable, good sensor, good switches, thought-out scroll wheel pretty niche.. I can count on one hand the number of mice that have all the above.
Well I guess there's never gonna be a perfect mouse in the eyes of everyone but I said that thing about DPI from a point of brand positioning. If u wanna be considered "niche" u make some important/relevant decisions towards ur target audience. Leaving all those DPI steps like that sounds like "hey I wanna please everyone" and that's not the case for a niche product. And yea, as u have pointed out, the rest of the specs are promising, let's just see how it turns out to be.

So ya, don't get me wrong, I welcome these kind of attemps from companies to try to do something different, everyone deserves a chance so I'll support this by buying an unit if the build quality has not been overlooked like it happened in the past with some other interesting projects *Cough finalmouse cough*
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benllok View Post

Well I guess there's never gonna be a perfect mouse in the eyes of everyone but I said that thing about DPI from a point of brand positioning. If u wanna be considered "niche" u make some important/relevant decisions towards ur target audience. Leaving all those DPI steps like that sounds like "hey I wanna please everyone" and that's not the case for a niche product. And yea, as u have pointed out, the rest of the specs are promising, let's just see how it turns out to be.

So ya, don't get me wrong, I welcome these kind of attemps from companies to try to do something different, everyone deserves a chance so I'll support this by buying an unit if the build quality has not been overlooked like it happened in the past with some other interesting projects *Cough finalmouse cough*
I don't like companies advertising DPI like it's the only thing that matters, but you gotta give credit where it's due, Ninox isn't doing that. Default profiles are only 400, 800, 1600. Being able to increase it higher is mentioned later in on the user manual, and not advertised at all and only mentioned in the specs on its webpage. It's not like it throws "SUPER 12K DPI FOR EXTREME GAMERS ONLY" in your face. It leaves it in because it has no reason not to, it's a win-win to include it because you don't lose anything by having the option. Why is that a bad thing?

I hope this turns out well. I never used a Ninox Aurora, but I hope this one has all the problems from that fixed and doesn't flop.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,039 Posts
I'm not saying I won't buy this because I never received my Auroa mouse OR my money back .... I'm not buying this because of the bad designed ass of the mouse. It's too short of a mouse and the ass gets real narrow at the end which usually results in an unsteady grip for me.

I'd gladly do a detailed objective review if u send me one for free though (instead of sending out my Aurora).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by detto87 View Post

I'm not saying I won't buy this because I never received my Auroa mouse OR my money back .... I'm not buying this because of the bad designed ass of the mouse. It's too short of a mouse and the ass gets real narrow at the end which usually results in an unsteady grip for me.

I'd gladly do a detailed objective review if u send me one for free though (instead of sending out my Aurora).
You're one amongst the Frustrated 5? We must find the other 3 and form MouseTron.

And tbh shape doesn't seem bad, height should be good for fingertip. The KP is still an overall more intriguing mouse to me so I've sat aside for that, but I wouldn't mind giving this a shot if bst follows thru. I can pretty much bet it'd be a better experience than say, the Revel, for me personally.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
While driverless is nice, having customizable DPI steps like on my G PRO is a lot more convenient than having to cycle through 20 different steps, some of which you would never use. Rest of the mouse looks good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0verpowered View Post

While driverless is nice, having customizable DPI steps like on my G PRO is a lot more convenient than having to cycle through 20 different steps, some of which you would never use. Rest of the mouse looks good.
You could have software to customize and then use onboard memory, like the gpro.
Only do it once and you're set
biggrin.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0verpowered View Post

While driverless is nice, having customizable DPI steps like on my G PRO is a lot more convenient than having to cycle through 20 different steps, some of which you would never use. Rest of the mouse looks good.
It does have customisable DPI steps
smile.gif
You have 3 that you can edit, take a look at the manual, it explains it in more detail there.
 

·
Ex-resident Kinzu shill
Joined
·
2,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximillion View Post

You're one amongst the Frustrated 5? We must find the other 3 and form MouseTron.

And tbh shape doesn't seem bad, height should be good for fingertip. The KP is still an overall more intriguing mouse to me so I've sat aside for that, but I wouldn't mind giving this a shot if bst follows thru. I can pretty much bet it'd be a better experience than say, the Revel, for me personally.
The Revel wasn't THAT bad, I for one am ready to welcome my new mouse overlord, lets just hope the firmware doesn't get goofed again and the cable isn't so stiff that it moves the entire mouse around like the majority of cables I have to deal with.
 
1 - 20 of 910 Posts
Top