Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

Nintendo of America's executive vp of sales and marketing Reggie Fils-Aime (right) recently discussed Nintendo's plan of attack. The company intends to make its Revolution console affordable for both consumers and developers. Reggie has confirmed that Revolution will retail for less than $300.

Not only is Nintendo's Revolution now promised to ship before Thanksgiving in North America, but according to Reggie Fils-Aime, executive vice president of sales and marketing for Nintendo of America, the next-gen console will come with a price tag of less than $300-something that Nintendo President Satoru Iwata hinted at earlier this month in speaking with Yahoo! Japan.

http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/fe...rp=49&id=11616

·
15 Year Club
2,322 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bentrinh

what? My cusion was hopeing for a $150 console

Your cousin never had a chance... new consoles are never under $200 these days.

But I love nintendo. Gamecube just sucked.

·
Premium Member
8,377 Posts
I love Nintendo too. I still have my very first GameBoy (the big ones). The Gamecube didn't suck, it just left everyone wanting for more.

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
They just said "under $300". Meaning $150 is definatly possible. Most have said $150 - $200.

And Gamecube didnt suck, there are some great games that are on it. Fire Emblem, Tales of Symphonia, RE4, Wind Waker, SSBM... And with the LoZ: TP coming out it'll just be awsome

·
Registered
824 Posts
If it comes in at $150, the hardware on it will not bring in the big developers. I would expect a ton of X360 and PS3 games.. that won't get ported to Revolution.

Though, perhaps they are just going for a Nintendo device.

I have a new Atari device .. Was like $20 and has all the old school games in it

I like it well enough.

Anyone have links to hardware specs for this thing?

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by satansmurf

If it comes in at $150, the hardware on it will not bring in the big developers. I would expect a ton of X360 and PS3 games.. that won't get ported to Revolution.

Though, perhaps they are just going for a Nintendo device.

I have a new Atari device .. Was like $20 and has all the old school games in it

I like it well enough.

Anyone have links to hardware specs for this thing?

Hm? Why wouldnt it? Nintendo tends to be able to make a low cost-very capable system.. And still make a profit off of them. You have to think about this. A 7800GTX costs maybe $65 for parts and manufactoring. It gets sold for $460 or so. Thats a HUGE profit, and it leaves alot of headroom for price cuts and lower pricings, which are what consoles are. But the Nintendo Revolution is completely custom made so yet again Nintendo has a more optimized system. ATI has also stated that the GPU in the NR is impossible to compare to the R500 or RSX because of the way it is, its not that it sucks, its just plain out impossible to accurately compare them.

·
Banned
5,423 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cait Sith Cat

Your cousin never had a chance... new consoles are never under $200 these days.

But I love nintendo. Gamecube just sucked.

Gamecube doesnt suck. RE4 has the best graphics of any console game Ive seen.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Uh, yeah, you stare in wonder at those graphics while I stand in wonder of SC: Chaos Theory for Xbox.

I think that Nintendo was good until the Gamecube. Then they started losing their touch. I think the only really good non-platformer games for it are Super Smash Melee and the Donkey Conga thing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.