Overclock.net banner

461 - 480 of 487 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
If it's HDMI 1.4 then it will only be able to do max 70hz @ 1440p, that what the XF270HUA (Zero Frame) was listed in the manual as the max it could do. So depending on the monitor it could be max 60hz if it doesn't have 75hz. It's why they included HDMI 2.0 it also had freesync over HDMI 2.0 but the overdrive didn't work with freesync.

I was able to output 144hz over HDMI on my XF270HUA. One HDMI port was HDMI 1.4 and limited to 70 hz, the other was HDMI 2.0 and could output 144 hz at 1440p.

·
Registered
197 Posts
As noted in the XF270HU thread:

I don't think so. Pretty sure it was the AUO M270DAN02.6 panel in the XF270HUA, which supports 10 bit at 120 hz.

http://www.panelook.com/M270DAN02.6_...iew_27068.html

More info

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/co...tions/ds7etho/
Thanks for the info! What I don't get that panel is listed as 10 bit, shouldn't it list it at 8 bit as it's all it can reach at the rated 144hz? I wish I opened mine up to know for sure, but no longer have it.
The weird thing when I brought up the firmware version it didn't list the panel as most monitors do that I've seen online.

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
That is pretty dumb not to use 1.3 or 1.4 displayport, seems like at Acer there isn't that much communication with all the departments, one orders a new panel but the other doesn't update the spec sheet. The company size is hurting them in a way jack of all trades master of none.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I was able to output 144hz over HDMI on my XF270HUA. One HDMI port was HDMI 1.4 and limited to 70 hz, the other was HDMI 2.0 and could output 144 hz at 1440p.
Yes that is right HDMI 2.0 can do 144hz just like on the NX-27EDGv2, but others were asking how high can can the refresh rate go using HDMI 1.4 which is 60/75ha depending on the option on the monitor. Not all monitors have 75 it's usually 60/120/144 but 75 is the max on HDMI 1.4.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I use these settings for my NX-27EDG and find the colour accuracy is extremely good. It's a like it's been calibrated professionally or something. I also use sRGB profile in Windows Colour Management. @peter-nixeus have these been calibrated in manufacturing?
I do have to turn off Gamma as using any setting brings in other colour shades and with gamma set to off there is none of that grey is grey and white is just that too.

Guys if you don't already use these settings try them out!

@peter-nixeus what is the difference between Standard and Photo colour effect? They look the same to me.

I might one day get a calibration tool and checkout the performance of these settings.

I can can't get anything close to these clean white points if I try and do it manually messing with the RGB channels with or without gamma and I am very pleased with the results I'm getting. I remember on my Acer XF270HUA choosing sRGB didn't give accurate greys and whites plus it had horrible uniformity with each side of the panel having different hues so I am pleased with Nixeus's sRGB mode.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is a combination of both new hardware/PCB and new firmware for the new NX-EDG27 v2. We also removed the DVI port and changed the 3.5mm port into an audio output so you can connect external speakers or headphones.

I'm not sure, but I don't think the R9 290X has HDMI 2.0 to support FreeSync over HDMI. From what I am reading, the R9 290/290x only has HDMI 1.4a outputs = so it might not be able to support 2560 x 1440 144Hz with FreeSync.

I'll test it with the R9 390 I have to double check and confirm.
Peter, you mentioned here that the DVI port and 3.5 mm audio plug are being removed on the version 2 of this monitor. A quick check of the Nixeus website product page for this monitor (https://www.nixeus.com/nx-edg27) still shows the ports. I would have simply thought that this would have been merely an old product page but the page mentions the HDMI 2.0 (up to 144Hz). The version 1 did not have 144Hz on HDMI 2.0 from my understanding.

I guess my question is if the product page for the NX-EDG27 is correct. I'm eagerly awaiting my shipment of this monitor on February 27th and cannot stop reading about it on my free time.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Peter, you mentioned here that the DVI port and 3.5 mm audio plug are being removed on the version 2 of this monitor. A quick check of the Nixeus website product page for this monitor (https://www.nixeus.com/nx-edg27) still shows the ports. I would have simply thought that this would have been merely an old product page but the page mentions the HDMI 2.0 (up to 144Hz). The version 1 did not have 144Hz on HDMI 2.0 from my understanding.

I guess my question is if the product page for the NX-EDG27 is correct. I'm eagerly awaiting my shipment of this monitor on February 27th and cannot stop reading about it on my free time.
There is a new product page for the version 2:

https://www.nixeus.com/nx-edg27v2

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hello everyone,I just finished building my new PC and now choosing monitor is a very big concern. My build is:

Gigabyte Z390 Ultra
RTX 2080 Asus ROG OC
9700k + be quiet Dark Rock Pro 4
16GB DDR4 G.Skill 3200
Samsung 970 Evo + 4TB HDD
Corsair RM850x (2018 edition) + be quiet silent base 800

I play on full HD 60hz and now I want to try 1440p gaming with some nice ips 144hz monitor.
Mainly I play World of Tanks,but I always play AAA games when they are out,mostly FPS and TPS games.

My desk is 80×140cm and I will sit approx 2 feet from monitor.

I think 600$ for asus and acer is too much(assuming quality control for such pricey monitors) and accidentally I put an eye on this nixeus monitor v2,can someone recommend it for buying? All I need is IPS panel,144hz,with freesync which will work nicely with my gpu and I think this monitor qualifies for that,what do you think?

·
I Love this Hobby!
7,786 Posts
I have this monitor, v2 is out, and you should go for it. Mine came with no issues.

·
Registered
197 Posts
@Peter Nixeusthank you for sending Simon at TFTcentral.co.uk a copy of the NX-EDG27v2 for review! You always do listen to the community which is really fresh. I wish you guys were in Australia you should get Mwave in Australia to sell your product. They used to stock your Nixeus NX-VUE24 so I was sad to see no 27EDG. They import so much stuff it's crazy, www.Mwave.com.au has all the best brands!

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
@Peter Nixeusthank you for sending Simon at TFTcentral.co.uk a copy of the NX-EDG27v2 for review! You always do listen to the community which is really fresh. I wish you guys were in Australia you should get Mwave in Australia to sell your product. They used to stock your Nixeus NX-VUE24 so I was sad to see no 27EDG. They import so much stuff it's crazy, www.Mwave.com.au has all the best brands!
We are working on it... best thing to do is for the customers to ask or inform their favorite retailers.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Everyone and their mother shilled this monitor in every forum, reddit, twitter whatever.

And it's still the same sad situation with OD + FreeSync.
Yes it has variable OD, but the OD itself is absolutely useless.

FreeSync + OD + suitable response times for 144 Hz = NO NO NO!

These are the only tested AHVA/IPS monitors, which works with a "usable" OD level and FreeSync together:

MG279Q (from 2015 lol)
FS2735 (also from 2015 lol)
AD27QD (overshoot)

FreeSync - you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
For Clarification:

When using FreeSync, Over Drive has to be set to OFF for Variable over drive to work - and it works better than FreeSync + Overdrive being set to Low, Med, or High from our internal testings with the newest FreeSync Windmill Demo. Individuals can test this for themselves with the Pendulum Demo since the new FreeSync Windmill Demo is not available for public use. When not using FreeSync, we recommend using the Low - Med OD settings (High can cause reverse ghosting). This FreeSync + Adaptive Over Drive only works when the monitor's Over Drive (OD) setting in the OSD is set to OFF.

There will be more reviews in the future and I also look forward to their results.

·
Overclocker
11,356 Posts
Why not rename OD OFF to OD adaptive then or simply do it automatically adaptive while allowing user to select the usual off-low-med-high, at least, strength levels for adaptive mode as well.

What's the latest Windmill demo version? 0.9.1? Or is there something newer?

·
Registered
197 Posts
For Clarification:

When using FreeSync, Over Drive has to be set to OFF for Variable over drive to work - and it works better than FreeSync + Overdrive being set to Low, Med, or High from our internal testings with the newest FreeSync Windmill Demo. Individuals can test this for themselves with the Pendulum Demo since the new FreeSync Windmill Demo is not available for public use. When not using FreeSync, we recommend using the Low - Med OD settings (High can cause reverse ghosting). This FreeSync + Adaptive Over Drive only works when the monitor's Over Drive (OD) setting in the OSD is set to OFF.

There will be more reviews in the future and I also look forward to their results.
This applies to the V2 right? I own the NX-27EDGv1 and in BFV in the Firestorm lobby before a match in the hangar I get ghosting when overdrive set to off, I have less ghosting with it set to low so overdrive is working when using the low setting. Hi and medium do nothing as we already agreed on the V1.

So on the V1 I use low for variable overdrive?

I'll test other games, BFV freesync doesn't perform as smooth as BF4, i'll test that as well when I get the time.

EDIT:
Just tested the Gsync pendulum demo and on the V1 using a RX Vega 64LC low overdrive has a sharper image, off, medium and high are all the same and is blurry. Putting the overdrive on the NX27EDG V1 monitor to low instantly sharpens the image from the working overdrive. Freesync was confirmed to be working as the refresh rate was variable.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Some findings on my tests with Nixeus NX-27EDG V1.

UFO tests https://www.testufo.com/ghosting
Running on 144hz low overdrive works with freesync on or off. Other settings do nothing toggling all settings it's easy to see when low setting comes up as it changes sharpness of the moving UFO's.
Running at 60hz there is way to much overshoot (some call reverse ghosting I think). Looking at Simon's tests on the V2 he confirmed that at 60hz the overdrive is more stronger which is what I experienced and is what he found on other monitors overdrive while running freesync. I believe these should be reversed as he suggested, higher overdrive voltages applied at higher refresh rates. Perhaps something that can get fixed with firmware updates unless it can't be fixed for some reason and a limitation of Freresync overdrive but I doubt that.

Gsync pendulum tests.
While running freesync it's obvious again that only low overdrive works on the monitor. What I did find interesting was that if I disabled freesync in Radeon settings I could no longer see any difference when toggling all the overdrive settings on the monitor and the results were all the same. It is obvious with freesync off on the Gsync pendulum demo overdrive does not work, it's most obvious on the test pattern as with overdrive there is a dark shadow behind the pattern and with freesync off none of the settings do this. With freesync on in the pendulum app the pattern is obviously changing when the monitors overdrive is on the low setting as the overdrive is working.

Next I'll try and test some games...

Edit:

First I tested Battlefield 4 which runs awesome, the overdrive seems great on all settings I couldn't even tell them apart it was definitely working in my opinion. Freesync really works well running on BF4.

Next I tried Battlefield V and freesync doesn't work as smooth as it does on BF4, not sure why but I couldn't even tell the different overdrive settings apart either but it felt like there was more ghosting and I felt more disconnected. I was able to tell when I played firestorm last week while waiting in the lobby that only low overdrive setting seemed to work but I couldn't even get into a game today to try firestorm no players in Australia. Playing BF5 definitely doesn't feel as good as BF4 as the freesync isn't as smooth and there is heaps of juddering something I never see on BF4. Not sure what is going on there.

I think this is a DICE issue with BF5 I am sure from memory even BF1 was smooth though I don't have it installed at the moment so I can't test it. This monitor really shines when playing BF4 feels pretty close to my Benq XL2730Z 1ms Freesync monitor.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Just tried Apex Legends and all overdrive settings are very good can't distinguish them either.

My conclusion is where freesync is working properly variable overdrive might be taking over on all settings. Only issue I have is with BF5 but that is the game not the monitor. it's unfortunate I wish BFV was as smooth as BF4, BF1 and Apex Legends.

461 - 480 of 487 Posts