Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts

·
Mouse Junkie
1,445 Posts
Nice, finally a proper (well, we'll see if it's proper or not) MX518 clone.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
keep the thumb groove without the 'bump' at the back side, like the G502 has it, so you can have your thumb straight. other than that it's really cool that they're making this.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I wonder if they'll manage to make it lighter than the logitechs were. I could see myself going back to this shape if it's around the g403 weight.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Oh wow, an MX518 clone. Was my first gaming mouse so that brings back memories. Do wish I hadn't given it to a friend years back so I could see if I still like the shape, but the mouse hoarder in me says I'll probably pick this thing up anyway.

·
- Insanity Beckons -
4,858 Posts
Oh wow, an MX518 clone. Was my first gaming mouse so that brings back memories. Do wish I hadn't given it to a friend years back so I could see if I still like the shape, but the mouse hoarder in me says I'll probably pick this thing up anyway.
Yeah, finally some company got the intelligence to re-make this world famous shape.

Pity it wasn't Logitech since it was theirs to begin with but if someone else decides to fire up the molds and pour plastic into it, then it's worth a purchase without question.

Having finally a 3366 sensor inside it helps to make it possibly one of the best forth coming input devices yet seen.

Would also like to see Huano switches placed everywhere inside the case and of course, a decent Alps scroll wheel to raise it above all the other 'inferior' scrollers that are currently available.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Yeah, finally some company got the intelligence to re-make this world famous shape.

Pity it wasn't Logitech since it was theirs to begin with but if someone else decides to fire up the molds and pour plastic into it, then it's worth a purchase without question.

Having finally a 3366 sensor inside it helps to make it possibly one of the best forth coming input devices yet seen.

Would also like to see Huano switches placed everywhere inside the case and of course, a decent Alps scroll wheel to raise it above all the other 'inferior' scrollers that are currently available.
Yeah this thing has huge potential if the quality is better than Revel.

Looks like my wallet is in for a ride with this, Astrum and G Pro Wireless coming. Though Logitech will most likely screw up the buttons by making them accidental click machines like everything after 2016, so no real worries there.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I really like the Revel. They're such a great deal I have 3 of them just because they're a great bang for your buck and it's a good, high-performing, quality mouse. I'm excited to try the ergo; I've been chasing an MX518 shape for a long while.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It was on MouseReview Reddit - I commented on a thread of someone asking for heavier mice. It may be more because I was weighing a unit that was not a final production sample.
but if it isnt a smaller version of mx510 and so on ... ~100g are OK for me ...

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Assuming this thing is actually keeping the dimensions of the MX518, 100g isn't so bad since that puts it roughly halfway between an EC1 and IME3.0 in terms of weight and IIRC it's halfway between them in terms of size too.

1 - 20 of 248 Posts