Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have specific tips for "nLiting" my Windows?

like, specific hotfixes that I should just download now and put on there?

Also I had a quesiton about the TCP/IP patch thing that allows more than 10 connections...what should I set that at? I was thinking 100.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
www.unattended.msfn.org has a great guide on using nLite, but for some reason their server is down right now. i was just on it a couple of days ago so i dont know what the deal is, hopefully it will be back up soon. there is a step by step guide to doing everything you need with nLite, and they also show several different ways to integrate all of the latest hotfixes into your install. hope that helps

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
ive got the cab file with all of the hotfixes as of 1/17/06. the file is 43MB though, so if the site doesnt get back up sometime soon i can transfer it to you, not sure what the best way would be to do that though. i could make a torrent file out of it if you have something to download those with. let me know

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So i just took a shot at it and lost.

I formatted and installed, but nothing worked. My G5 wouldn't respond and I think something went wrong because when it was "copy setup files" it said it couldn't find alot of stuff... Also, it wasnt "unattended" i thought it was supposed to go through the whole process without me there.

Anyone have a .inf file or whatever it is that the program reads that I could load up? Could it be because I changed the USB polling freq. to 500 that my mouse didnt respond?

·
Registered
144 Posts
What is your goal? XP stripped for unnessesary functions or modified with new functions? You can use XPlite to remove all unnessesary windows components after a complete installation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts