Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my brother just installed his new motherboard, ASUS A8N SLI. And we installed the realtek drivers from the cd and from the site, nothing works. in control panel>audio devices it just says no audio device, and no sound works. everything is plugged into the right jacks and it just doesnt work. how can i get this up and running for him?

REP+ to helpers, thanks alot

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Is the onboard sound enabled in the bios?

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
I've had this issue before. But it wasn't hard to fix. You need to find out what driver does it use and go to the company's website and download it. Common ones are Conexant, Realtek, something with AC'97 [something like that..forgive me], I can't really think of anymore right now. I would have to check on proprietary systems to see what they use. If you can..go take a look at other people's computers to see what integrated sound drivers they are using and I guess use the conventional trial and error method?

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
975 Posts
The thing is that I currently have problems with my Realtek card as well, and I believe that it has something to do with the drivers. The sound and audio devices panel says no audio device as well;

But the device manager says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

I wanted to know if you had the same problem.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I fixed my problem. I went to the Asus site and searched the motherboard. Click downloads and then audio. Pretty simple.

·
Banned
653 Posts
did you restart after installing the driver? happened to me once because i was installing something else and click restart later.

·
Premium Member
9,525 Posts
Just today I started getting the same error message. Differences:

-Biostar TForce 550 motherboard.
-ALL driver versions (Realtek HD Audio).
-BIOS settings have no effect.

Do you think my onboard audio died?
Tried cleaning the drivers out and installing fresh...nothing. Doesn't work in any OS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts