Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, i've just set up my PC with the A8N32-SLI ,I get the green light on the mobo but nothing when i press the power button.
I've checked and re-checked all connections and even rolled a screw driver on the power button connections but nothing.I just need to know if its a knackered mobo or if theres anything else i can try.

Cheers Gaz

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Fill in the system specs in the user cp at the top of the screen so we can see what we are dealing with first

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
Check to see if there is anything behind the mobo, this may sound silly but I was at a friend's house (pandapimp on this forum) and we took apart and rebuilt his computer to apply AS5 to the CPU and reseat the Big Typhoon and when we put it together the mobo lights were on but it would not turn on, and today he just IMed me saying there was a screw behind his mobo which was shorting it out. He says all is well now so take out your mobo and check.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gazkilla

I'll have a look m8.....its just a ball ache ripping it all out again

Cheers Gaz

check powersupply

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Remonster

Check to see if there is anything behind the mobo, this may sound silly but I was at a friend's house (pandapimp on this forum) and we took apart and rebuilt his computer to apply AS5 to the CPU and reseat the Big Typhoon and when we put it together the mobo lights were on but it would not turn on, and today he just IMed me saying there was a screw behind his mobo which was shorting it out. He says all is well now so take out your mobo and check.

I'd only bent the metal sheath that covers the mouse ports underneath the MB so it was shorting like you say.
Running fine now,many thx

Gaz

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
Glad you got that fixed mate! That is the worst part about computers, that such a tiny thing can bring the whole system to it's knees (and quite a system you have there too!).

·
Registered
58 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gazkilla

I'd only bent the metal sheath that covers the mouse ports underneath the MB so it was shorting like you say.
Running fine now,many thx

Gaz

Are you referring to the little flaps on the I/O plate?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a question, why does the I/O plate have all those flaps sticking out of it anyhow? When I was trying to fit my a8n into the case I had to bend them out of the way because I couldn't get it to slide in correctly and I figured they were stopping it...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts