Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far I haven't been able to see any bluetooth support in the motherboard specs I am looking at for my new Ryzen 5000 series build.

I use Bose QC35 headphones on my smartphone, laptop, smart TV etc so wanted to use them also whilst jumping on the PC. I don't quite understand why in 2020 when most things are now wireless, it doesn't come as standard?

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
?

I was lazy and looked only at the Taichi's (cuz I have one), and the X470, X570, and B550 all have BT. Pretty much anything with built in wifi has BT.

·
Overclocking Enthusiast
6,023 Posts
BT is built into the wifi module. Most boards that have wifi have BT. Some of the budget boards don't as they might have a cheaper wifi module.

• Rep+
Reactions: Happy Trails

·
Premium Member
10,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's strange how they would not specify that BT is supported though. I've had devices like my old smart TV that has WiFi but didn't support bluetooth audio, only bluetooth input devices, so I had to buy a adapter for it. That's why I was looking specifically for 'bluetooth audio' support on the specs as I didn't want to fall in to the same trap as the smart TV.

Found one eventually - MSI X570-A PRO AMD AM4 Motherboard

·
LTSC for life crew
3,246 Posts
Long time no see Sin100. I ran into the same issue as my 4K LG TV has wifi but doesn't support bluetooth for audio. Any motherboard with wifi will support bluetooth as they typically use an intel wifi card. They should add BT 4.0 or BT 5.0 onto the naming but they don't for some reason.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I only got a wifi board because of the bluetooth so like others have said look for wifi boards.

·
Overclocking Enthusiast
6,023 Posts
You might also consider looking at B550 boards.

• Rep+
Reactions: Happy Trails

·
More Cores!
1,246 Posts
B550 Vision D has one. As others have mentioned, any board with built-in wifi should have bluetooth. If they don't, it's typically really easy to swap out the wifi, since most of them just use an m.2 wifi module.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My ASUS TUF Gaming X570 with Wifi has it. However, I purchased a separate Wifi card to get a better adapter (Intel AX200). As noted above, nearly all wifi adapters also support BT.

·
Premium Member
10,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome, thanks very much guys! I'll take another look at the range of mobos now I know it pretty much comes as standard on wifi boards without it listed in specs.

·
Untitled.jpg
931 Posts
Bizarre, when I was looking at motherboards they all listed their BT support.

If you go to the specification tab on the products page, typically youll find a section labelled like Wireless/Wifi/WLAN or something and that'll list what version of BT.
My board as an example,

Any board with Wifi will almost certainly have BT though. It's standard at this point.

·
Overclocker in training
13,924 Posts
Hi,
Why not state which boards you were looking at and not just a blank statement boards for 5k series amd.
Price range would help too.

·
Iconoclast
30,426 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
So far I haven't been able to see any bluetooth support in the motherboard specs I am looking at for my new Ryzen 5000 series build.

I use Bose QC35 headphones on my smartphone, laptop, smart TV etc so wanted to use them also whilst jumping on the PC. I don't quite understand why in 2020 when most things are now wireless, it doesn't come as standard?
All X570 motherboards that include Intel WiFi-6 AX200 also include Bluetooth 5.0. The AX200 module from Intel includes both BT and WiFi.

You honestly could not have been looking too hard...

·
Overclock the World
1,959 Posts
Audio codec support remains a mystery
But if you know ~one~ board which has it written on the specs
Then you can compare the remain boards with the same wifi combo adapter
There would be no reason, why the same model which is standartized on one board has BT-Audio CBR/APT X
while on the other lazy not specified specs ~ has no support

But the Wifi list is huge, and pretty much all of them use the same wifi adapter

·
Registered
96 Posts
Have b550 Asus with wifi with bluetooth but did not know they was the combo. Buy for flexibility but connect eterhnets for speed. Did not think of this but could mirror to roku from pc very nice :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts