Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on win7, with new AMD drivers, and I've ran DDU for AMD and nviaida and did new install of AMD. I've had this problem before over the past 3yrs. I starting to think it's the monitor, but it works great all the rest of the time. But so many people have this problem, so IDK.

I have a Qnix 27" 1440p. And I've had this dam problem off and on lately again, where if the PC goes to sleep, the monitor won't come back. Rebooting does nothing.

What I keep having to do, is plug in my backup 21" LCD, and it works right away. So I'll shutdown the PC, hook up the qnix, and sometimes it will work again. Other times it won't, so I'll use the 21" for 1/2hr then shutdown, hook up qnix, and with luck it works.

Just 2 days ago, when this happened, I turned off the PC, unplugged the qnix, plugged it back in, rebooted, and it worked right away. The qnix worked right away, I wish it waS THAT EASY EACH TIME.

Then yesterday I disabled sleepmode and turning off the monitor altogether. However with the PC running, I turned off the qnix ..............and it wouldn't come back. So I had to shut down, hookup the 21", rebooted, then shutdown. Hooked up qnix, still no display. So used the 21" for 1/2hr. Shutdown, hooked up qnix and it's back.

Thats the 1st time I remember it not coming back when I MYSELF turned it off.

What a headache, and 21" 720p is pathetic compared to 27" 1440p

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
Is the qnix set as the main display? Have you tried other inputs (if any) on it?
What happens if you use the qnix as the primary with no other monitor?
Do you have another PC you can use the qnix on?
If the qnix won't wake up no matter how you configure the in/outputs I'd say the monitor is broken in some way.
If the qnix does work on another machine without this problem I'd blame the GPU or it's output port. Using your iGPU (if you have one) may also verify this instead of using another machine.
Thanks for verifying the clean install as that saves a lot of time here lol

I don't actually know anything about the issue you're having but these are the steps I'd take to find where the problem is.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it's my main display (single)

This time for sure today I turned off the qnix while the windows was running, and it never came back. I had to swap monitors for a while. Happens on other GPUs tho too

I always used to turn off the monitor with it's switch. I almost have my backup computer ready to try it on that with a fresh install of everything.

I'll use the screen saver for now.

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
If you've ruled out the GPU, its driver and Windows I'd say the panel is broken in some way.

You might try different inputs on the monitor but it sounds like the I/O is the issue so I doubt that will work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts