Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warning: dumb question incoming (followed by a slightly less dumb question) I have an AMD 1100T on the ASUS Crosshair V MB, just look to sig rig if you need further component details.

Dumb question: I hit the power switch, the computer turns on, but nothing appears on the screen until the login screen pops up. How do I fix this?

Basically, I'm getting no input signal until the login screen. It's like some quick startup option is enabled that I don't know how to turn off and doesn't start the computer any faster. All it does it not allow me to see anything while the option to enter the BIOS appears. Also if I hit the Del key to enter BIOS, nothing appears on my screen. I want to OC but not if I can't get my BIOS working.

Slightly less dumb question: My computer warned me that my CPU cooler's fans were only running at 590 RPM, but I can't figure out how to control their speed effectively in the BIOS. Since I can't get into the BIOS and they were crashing if I stayed in them too long, I could never figure it out. Then I stopped being able to access them, so I updated them through the ASUS suite thing and saw the BIOS once, and now its back to not being seen.

If someone can help me solve the first problem, I will provide more info on the second. Thanks bronies
thumb.gif

·
Hey I get one of these!
7,615 Posts
Plug your screen into your other graphics card, or different ports on the one its in now. Windows can detect which port is in use and set it to primary, but POST doesn't know any better.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyadCK View Post

Plug your screen into your other graphics card, or different ports on the one its in now. Windows can detect which port is in use and set it to primary, but POST doesn't know any better.
I'll try that when I get home and let you know how it turned out. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts