Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having an issue with losing my HD audio, with 3 monitors, one of them is passing through a HDMI receiver. Basically, I have 2 monitors (left and right) that are using a DVI cable for each of them straight from the GPU. Then I have 1 monitor (middle) running from HDMI on my GPU with a receiver in between.

I previously have been using only 2 monitors with DVI, and the HDMI was sending audio only to the receiver. However, I recently upgraded with a 3rd monitor, so I figured I could just plug it into the HDMI out on the receiver and be good to go. Unfortunately, it seems after the 3rd monitor is connected, my GPU doesn't detect the HD sound from the receiver. I have tried testing this with only 2 monitors plugged in, and no matter which configuration I use, it will always work fine with 2 at a time. But once the 3rd monitor is plugged in, no HD audio again. There is a red 'x' for the audio icon in the taskbar and it shows "Not plugged in" under the Playback Device settings.

I am using a GTX 650, Yamaha RX-V371, as well as 2x Dell IN2030M and 1x Dell E228WFP. The cables coming from the GPU are 2x DVI for the IN2030Ms, an HDMI cable to the Yamaha RX-V371, and an HDMI cable with a HDMI to DVI adapter to the E338WFP.

At this point, I have just wired the HDMI directly from the GPU to the middle monitor and I am forced to use headphones. Not the ideal scenario, but it works for now. Can anyone help me get my receiver working with my 3 monitors?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Do you have a 4th display out that you can use?

If so you can run a line for just audio to the receiver and see if that works,

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That thought did go through my mind. I just figured that a shared HDMI signal with video and audio would be better than a VGA signal. My GPU has 2xDVI 1xHDMI and 1xVGA. I was trying to avoid that option if I could, but there doesn't seem to be any other solution.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Oh, I'm used to the newer cards which have 4 Digital outs.

You can also use the i-gpus hdmi for audio just for testing.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried that, but the HDMI signal for the port on my internal graphics wasn't recognized. Possibly because the internal graphics is disabled, from having a dedicated GPU installed. I may try tinkering with forcing the integrated graphics to be enabled along side the GPU, simply for the HD audio. The only issue I can foresee is that the receiver needs to be seen as an actual display in order to send audio, which isn't possible by using some hybrid GPU/integrated graphics solution, if that's even possible at all.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I am running iGPU alongside my 750ti and it works fine. What is a little weird is that 2 of my monitors have great resolution and one is just okay. Try enabling the iGPU in BIOS. Make sure you have the iGPU set as the primary GPU though as it will look for it on boot. Hopefully that helps

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
It could be your HDMI ports on receiver are bad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts