Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So I received the parts for my new rig and put everything together (look at sig rig for the parts).
Basically I turned on AHCI in the BIOS on all the SATA controllers, then went on to install Win7 Pro x64. Right at the start of the Win7 installation process, when asked which drive the OS should be installed to I could see both the SSD and the HDD, and obviously selected the SSD.
Now the issue is, after installing Win7 and the mobo drivers, Win7 doesn't see the CaviarBlack, whereas it is detected in the BIOS.

I'm guessing this has to do with AHCI, but I don't wanna turn it off.
So if somebody would have any idea as to how I could keep AHCI on and solve that problem, it'd be great.

·
Premium Member
6,038 Posts
Try this and see what you get.
* Control Panel
* Administrative Tools
* Computer Management
* Disk Management

Does it see the drive in there? If so right click and create a simple volume then.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Define doesn't see? As in, you can't see it in My Computer?

If it's a brand new drive, you have to format it first. Go to Start, right click Computer, Manage, Disk Management, right click the Unallocated Space on the drive and format it.

Edit: Damn, always too slow.
mad.gif

·
Premium Member
6,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXe.Lilith;14158584
Yeah just came to my mind I had forgotten to create a volume on that disk.

How silly of me
LOL Epic fail!!! Oh, I love it when I erase a drive and imagine (for whatever reason) I formatted it too. Then I wonder why I can't find it! lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.