Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my cpu has stopped its whinnig it did at lower speeds .which was anoying so now it dosent bat an eye i guess .though i dont think its stable aquamark and mark 03 crash half way through maybe not enough juice but hell im pumping 137 watts though it all ready. vc [email protected]

·
Registered
447 Posts
Good

And atleast its overclocked

Get it higher and maybe you will not be able to hear it anymore....

P.S for stability run Prime95 :wink:

159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its 1:1 i havent seen a option to change it in my bios if i let the computer choose i end up with a div 3.4 266 mem fsb and clocks set at 2.5,4,4,8 and voltage auto . instead 0f 1.1 div @460 clocks 2.5,3,3,6 and voltage at 1.85 but ill play around with it somemore

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] / llcopk

its 1:1 i havent seen a option to change it in my bios if i let the computer choose i end up with a div 3.4 266 mem fsb and clocks set at 2.5,4,4,8 and voltage auto . instead 0f 1.1 div @460 clocks 2.5,3,3,6 and voltage at 1.85 but ill play around with it somemore

You can't change the memory frequency from 400Mhz to 320Mhz or something like that in the BIOS? Most Asus boards have that option.

159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by archer_456

You can't change the memory frequency from 400Mhz to 320Mhz or something like that in the BIOS? Most Asus boards have that option.

will try that but im only working with 2x256 sticks so i might need all the bandwith right now. what do you think?

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] / llcopk

will try that but im only working with 2x256 sticks so i might need all the bandwith right now. what do you think?

Well if you are running 1:1 @ 3.68 and you are happy, then great. if you want to find your Max CPU overclock then you will have to run a divider (lower the DDR frequency down to 320Mhz). You will always get the best performance with a 1:1 ratio.

159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think my max cpu with the set up i have is in the 3.8 range but its not stable to play games with . i think im gonna reaplly the artic siler cause i spread it instead of how im reading its to be done and hopfully that will decease my temps even more .

i had bought 2 tornado's but took them back . they game me a headache plus i think they were to powerful .and messed up my air flow encreasing my temps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts