Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so my PC was working fine, and I decided to re-seat my HSF as my core temps were extremely uneven under load (10c+). I also did a little cable management.. Anyway, when all was done, I turn my PC on to find that it won't POST. It turns on, everything spins up but it just stays on a blank screen.

I've tried clearing the CMOS, and I've re-seated everything, tried each stick of RAM in different slots, but nothing has worked so far.

I noticed two red lights are constantly on my 4850 - does this indicate a power issue?

What do?

·
Registered
7 Posts
this happened to me before, i just forgot to plug in the power cable at the top left of my mobo

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
8-pin CPU power is in. Also tried a spare graphics card, and that didn't work either, so I guess it's not the 4850.

I don't have any onboard GPU.

·
Premium Member
4,513 Posts
Somethin's unplugged lol. Also please tell me you have a cmos reset jumper.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My board (in sig) has a clear cmos button on the back I/O. This is what I used.

·
Premium Member
4,513 Posts
tried taking out the battery?

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, same results.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tried about 5-6 different sticks of RAM, individually in each slot, tried my spare TX650 PSU, tried reseating everything, tried a different graphics card, tried taking battery out overnight, tried the board outside of the case, tried different PCI-E slots, tried stock cooler incase my Hyper 212 was applying too much pressure.... no change so far.

I'm guessing either the CPU or board is dead, because there's a set of LED's that cycle on my board when booting normally. At the moment the light is red, and stuck on "CPU".

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tried a different Monitor as well as different DVI/VGA cables. And I've been working on wooden floor.

·
Premium Member
4,513 Posts
did you take the cpu out to reapply goop? if so check to see if you bent any of the socket pins. If not, it sounds like the CPU Is dead. although I don't know why it would be you didn't do jack ____ to it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts