Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have had to put a new motherboard in one of friends pc's, but the only thinkg is that when i go to power up i get a short burst of power and then within 1 seconds it cuts out, this will happen everytime i press the power button, but i cant get it too power up fully. is there anything i can do?

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by steve!!

i have had to put a new motherboard in one of friends pc's, but the only thinkg is that when i go to power up i get a short burst of power and then within 1 seconds it cuts out, this will happen everytime i press the power button, but i cant get it too power up fully. is there anything i can do?

Sounds like the psu isn't powerful enough. Have you tried booting with only the bare minimum installed?

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the very bare minimum is installed, psu is powerful enough as it is the same as my psu, but there is less components in the system

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

the very bare minimum is installed, psu is powerful enough as it is the same as my psu, but there is less components in the system

Q Tecs tend not to have the best reputation. What else is in the system?

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok i have just tried another psu and still the same problem this is weird

edit:it wouldnt be anthin to do with the wire coming from the plug socket in the wall would it? hmm ill try that now

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

ok i have just tried another psu and still the same problem this is weird

edit:it wouldnt be anthin to do with the wire coming from the plug socket in the wall would it? hmm ill try that now

Have you got the front panel connectors correctly wired up to the motherboard?

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

well i only need the power button, reset switch and speaker in dont i?

Are they on the correct pins on the mobo?

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

so you guys got any more ideas

Try switching the ram around or using just one stick in different slots. Also make sure everything is connected and seated correctly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts