Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the fans come on on my 5850s but i try and plug the dvi port into the back of all them (4 different ports) and none of them work... just got a new motherboard bc other one died and have had the cards laying around the past couple days.

guessing the worst is something got messed up with them but they still turn on and fans come on.

any suggestions?

EDIT: and ive tried 2 different monitors. but they both worked a couple days ago, so it isnt my monitors. im thinking maybe the plugs arent plugging in all the way in the back, but dont really think thats it.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Are you sure they get enough power? you might want to change DVI cable , try swapping cards or trying each on individually

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
You mention that you got a new mobo. Does it have integrated graphics?
If so, did you go into bios and turn off the integrated mobo gpu? Here's to hoping it's something simple

·
Registered
512 Posts
Check and make sure that all of the connectors from the power supply to the motherboard are pushed in the whole way. Are you sure that the video cards are causing the problem? it could be a motherboard problem, maybe you should start trouble shooting that instead.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i cant see anything on the screen so i cant go into bios, and doesnt look like it has integrated graphics. and yes i tried it w/ just one card in each slot and everything was plugged in correctly.
i hope it something very simple but i cant get far enough to tell anything.

·
Newb is back...
307 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tanderson
View Post

well i cant see anything on the screen so i cant go into bios, and doesnt look like it has integrated graphics. and yes i tried it w/ just one card in each slot and everything was plugged in correctly.
i hope it something very simple but i cant get far enough to tell anything.

Have you tried a cmos clear?
I had an ASUS awhile back that lost something on a power outage and I couldn't get it to post with Vid, so I cleared the cmos and voila!

·
Registered
345 Posts
1-st. I don't thik that it's a videocard problem. because ha has crossfire and 2 videocard to be broken is unreal. i don't think so.
2nd. he has supported cpu list wiht his CPU , so MOBO and CPU are allrigh.
and i deffinately not HDD ,because it load's even without HDD
SO ? or Powersuply ? or RAM
but, dude has already gone with 1 VGA 5850 and PSU- is correct.
So look at RAM and try to change slots with memory. or to play with combination..
ok ?

·
Registered
345 Posts
and byt the way... have you LCD ? on your mobo with LCD screen ? post it picture when it stop loading, what does he show ?

Open you case and look at it durring the butting, and check it acc to you manual about POST errors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts