Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 and noticed that I have no audio.

I have tried connecting to the front jack, as it used to be connected and the rear headphones port that goes into the motherboard. There is no problem with the headphones and I have tried other pairs which work with other devices fine. The motherboard is an x99a sli and the audio is the onboard HD Audio.
From the taskbar in the Sound>playback menu, it says that 'Speakers' Realtek High Definition Audio is 'Not plugged in'.
My Realtek Sound Manager is completely blank with just the settings button. If I press 'Disable front panel jack detection' I get the usual tabs such as 'Speaker configuration, sound effects, etc and icons for the speakers and microphone.
When the 'Disable front panel jack detection' is on I do get wave movement in the icon in the Playback menu, and it is set as default device, but there is no sound.
When I have the Realtek driver installed, no notification tab comes up as it should and did in my windows 7 setup.
I haven't changed any hardware besides the OS.
I have tried reinstalling the audio drivers both Realtek and the Microsoft high definition audio driver, switching between the two, upgrading bios, downgrading bios, uninstalling the Nvidia GPU audio drivers, literally everything and I'm out of ideas.
I can get audio playing from my monitor that is connected via HDMI but the audio is really crap.
My best guess is that the motherboard's HD Audio is physically damaged, maybe static?

Never had this sort of problem before and I'm already hating Windows 10 from all of the problems I've been having so far..

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
I'd do a clean install if you upgraded.

·
Premium Member
7,159 Posts
Ok.

I would pull all of your hard drives out of your computer and flash the bios. Once that is done, put the windows drive back into the computer and format it with a clean windows 10 iso.

DO NOT use the realtech drivers. There is 0 reason the built in windows drivers shouldn't be working with your motherboard. If the windows drivers aren't working, there is a bigger issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts