Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been attempting to setup my old system as an HTCP. I've been able to get fantastic video through my Hdmi, but no sound. I have the HDMI running through a Sony A/V reciever. The system is as follows:
Asus M2N Plus MB
amd athalon
Saphire Ati 4650
Onboard Sound disabled
W7 Ultimate 32 bit

I know that I need to make the HDMI as the default under Sound, but I don't get the option. It says that the drivers have not loaded properly or may be corrupt (code 39)

I have tried the following drivers numerous times:
Vista_Win7_R252_x86.exe
Vista_Win7_R252.exe
HDMI_R249.exe
HDMI_R159.exe
10-8_xp32-64_hdmiaudio.exe

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanders54
View Post

Why use 10-8_xp32-64_hdmiaudio.exe on a Windows 7 system? Use the latest ATI GPU driver (they include HDMI / DP drivers).

they do include the HDMI driver in the win7 ati driver, but you still need the latest HDMI driver from realtek.

Try doing a driver cleaning of your realtek drivers. Also try enabling your onboard sound and installing both the onboard sound driver and the newest win7 32bit hdmi driver.

Also, is the 4650 using a DVI/HDMI adapter? Is it using the one specifiably provided with it (assuming the gpu came with one)? If not, and you're using DVI/HDMI adapter, that's why you're getting no audio. You'll need to go buy the one from HIS at newegg to get audio to your HDMI cable.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, My 4650 has HDMI out. I enabled the onboard sound and was able to get speaker on manage sound, but nothing else. I also did a Driver cleaner for ATI and Realtek. I re-installed Ati 10-8 and it acted very hinky. I un-installed it and installed Ati 10-7 which is acting much more stable. I then installed the Realtek with the same results (Code39). The driver did not install correctly. I just did another Driver cleaning Of realtek and am going to go the same route of trying older drivers to see my system likes them better.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I had this problem with my ATi Card, I never got it working dude. I tried searching its some sorta driver f-up.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Which reciever do you have? Can it accept sound through hdmi? If you connected the hdmi to the tv can you get sound?

I have a 3450 and with ati drivers I have sound, but since my reciever does not have hdmi I have to use optical spdif.

EDIT:
Sorry I thought the early versions of hdmi did not passthrough hdmi.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The HDMI through my reciever from the DVD player works fine. The issue has to be with the Realtek drivers. I'll keep trying different ones for a bit or I may have to just get a sound card with an optical out.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
Try disabling your sound in your bios. Something in a forum below that I saw. I guess it can't hurt to try.

Website
I was going to mention this, my bios has a setting to change digital sound between optical and over HDMI, might want to check if yours does, or something similar OP.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did a clean install of W7 (64 bit this time) and it's working perfectly! I didn't even need to add the Realtek driver. It looks and sounds sweet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts