Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
//// Just let it out ...

I had a good ten days ... and now NOTHINNNNNnnnnG !

for 12 hours+

:( waahhhaaaaa

-wirefox ...

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:'(

Attachments

·
Not new to Overclock.net
5,109 Posts
I had been having trouble for several days, but work started flowing in as soon as I updated the folding client software on my machines :headscrat

·
Rig Advisor
2,232 Posts
Apart from one or two periods over the last few days Ive not had any issues getting WU's.
^This. You should be pausing for 1 minute and allowing for the client to change work servers. If nothing then after 5 minutes, you should remove the GPU's from the slots and re-add them.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^This. You should be pausing for 1 minute and allowing for the client to change work servers. If nothing then after 5 minutes, you should remove the GPU's from the slots and re-add them.
physically remove GPU or within the client

·
Watercooler
3,367 Posts

·
Why is it smoking?
4,020 Posts
I think they released a new batch of GPU WUs either late Sunday night or early Monday morning. Even before I updated my client, I started getting GPU WUs again around that time. They were still difficult to get (3 or 4 attempts before the server would assign one), but not impossible like they had been. Since I updated my clients I haven't had any trouble. I've noticed 1 WU related to inducing labor, and the rest have all been COVID related. I have all my clients set to "any disease" and I run CPU and GPU on 2 systems.

·
Watercooler
3,367 Posts
I think they released a new batch of GPU WUs either late Sunday night or early Monday morning. Even before I updated my client, I started getting GPU WUs again around that time. They were still difficult to get (3 or 4 attempts before the server would assign one), but not impossible like they had been. Since I updated my clients I haven't had any trouble. I've noticed 1 WU related to inducing labor, and the rest have all been COVID related. I have all my clients set to "any disease" and I run CPU and GPU on 2 systems.
They said about a month ago they were trying to fast track beta units, they have finally come i believe.
EDIT:
I also believe Project 14436 was released, never seen it before and have completed it now twice in 12 hours, takes about 2 hours at full load, Estimated credit is 320K though. 3.2m per day.

·
Fold on!
6,815 Posts
Ups and downs on my end. If the timer goes up a few hours there won't be a new unit unless I reset it, but most of the times it picks up a new unit within an hour..

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am getting a handful over 12 hours or so .. hit or miss... I'm not doing 24/7 usually get some covid-19 and some SARS ones. using slot settings from avacado ... I did reinstall the client (doubt it helped)..

Attachments

·
Watercooler
3,367 Posts
I am getting a handful over 12 hours or so .. hit or miss... I'm not doing 24/7 usually get some covid-19 and some SARS ones. using slot settings from avacado ... I did reinstall the client (doubt it helped)..
What graphic card are you using? Maybe because the influx they are limiting the work units to graphics cards with more compute power to get results faster.
Personally haven't had trouble getting a wu in about a week.

·
Why is it smoking?
4,020 Posts
They said about a month ago they were trying to fast track beta units, they have finally come i believe.
EDIT:
I also believe Project 14436 was released, never seen it before and have completed it now twice in 12 hours, takes about 2 hours at full load, Estimated credit is 320K though. 3.2m per day.
I just noticed a 13400 on my GPU. It's described as "Testing new core22 release v0.0.3 for our ability to roll out extremely large scale relative binding free energy calculations in support of the COVID Moonshot." It's giving me around an 8 hour ETA and 6.5 minute TPF on my 5700XT, and 205k base credit, 380k estimated. It is kind of crappy PPD on this card but it would probably be good on a 2080.

I started having trouble picking up GPU WUs again yesterday morning but it went back to normal this morning.

·
Watercooler
3,367 Posts
I just noticed a 13400 on my GPU. It's described as "Testing new core22 release v0.0.3 for our ability to roll out extremely large scale relative binding free energy calculations in support of the COVID Moonshot." It's giving me around an 8 hour ETA and 6.5 minute TPF on my 5700XT, and 205k base credit, 380k estimated. It is kind of crappy PPD on this card but it would probably be good on a 2080.

I started having trouble picking up GPU WUs again yesterday morning but it went back to normal this morning.
I literally started a whole thread with an issue with my GPU last night in this forum.
THAT WAS THE WORK UNIT.
Ridiculous.

·
Once more into the Fold
2,911 Posts

I got stuck on this one today as well, apparently they sent out some WUs that weren't quite ready for prime time. They were supposed to shut down that server, but many still have issues.

For anyone stuck on project 13400, remove client-type advanced if you have that flag enabled.
Try deleting your cores folder to see if it will properly download the correct version, this did not work for me.
Delete the current project in your work folder and restart the client, this worked for me after removing the flag.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I got stuck on this one today as well, apparently they sent out some WUs that weren't quite ready for prime time. They were supposed to shut down that server, but many still have issues.

For anyone stuck on project 13400, remove client-type advanced if you have that flag enabled.
Try deleting your cores folder to see if it will properly download the correct version, this did not work for me.
Delete the current project in your work folder and restart the client, this worked for me after removing the flag.
I had a 13401 on my 2080Ti earlier that was only loading the card to ~30% and had something like a 14 minute TPF.

On the complaining side of things, for whatever reason I have some WUs that just refuse to send. One has been sitting there since sometime last night and the other since this afternoon. I have had other units send successfully to the same server in the meantime. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Why is it smoking?
4,020 Posts
@BOB850123 I haven't noticed any failing to send, only having trouble getting WUs assigned. Are you uploading something else that might be causing it to timeout?

I have a monster CPU WU running right now - 16502. It's running on 12 threads at 4.0Ghz and takes over 4 hours to complete, with 2m 36s TPF. This is the only big CPU WU I've noticed since I started folding again. Usually they are smaller and take 1-2 hours to complete.

·
Registered
524 Posts
@BOB850123 I haven't noticed any failing to send, only having trouble getting WUs assigned. Are you uploading something else that might be causing it to timeout?

I have a monster CPU WU running right now - 16502. It's running on 12 threads at 4.0Ghz and takes over 4 hours to complete, with 2m 36s TPF. This is the only big CPU WU I've noticed since I started folding again. Usually they are smaller and take 1-2 hours to complete.
No other uploads that I am aware of, though plenty of other WUs have uploaded successfully while those two have been endlessly stuck. It seems like it doesn't even try to upload, just immediately fails. Strange indeed.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
I've been having some delays with send as well.
Some WUs sit completed for up to an hour. Overall WUs available seems off too. Only my 2060 was running overnight.

Seems to be random.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 44 Posts