Overclock.net banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
I've been having some delays with send as well.
Some WUs sit completed for up to an hour. Overall WUs available seems off too. Only my 2060 was running overnight.

Seems to be random.
Switching to `client-type: beta` for my GPU slots has definitely helped with WU availability for me, but has also gotten me the WUs that refuse to upload occasionally. I still have the same two sitting and waiting to upload. One has been there for 24+ hours and the other 12+ hours, so I really don't expect that they will ever make it.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I literally started a whole thread with an issue with my GPU last night in this forum.
THAT WAS THE WORK UNIT.
Ridiculous.
I pulled a 13400 on my 2080Ti this morning that is estimating ~600k points and ~3.4 mil PPD, so maybe they got the issues worked out.

Attachments

·
Once more into the Fold
2,911 Posts
I will be shutting down my rigs soon so I can rewire my basement. That should give you guys a couple extra WUs to play with. Enjoy!

·
Not new to Overclock.net
588 Posts
I just got a 13400, I hope this one doesn't have issues. 4 hours to complete is pretty long on a 2080ti.

·
Fold on!
6,815 Posts
I picked up a 13400 unit on a 5700xt too.
5 minutes TPF, 330k ppd..
On a "good" unit I see somewhere around 1.25mil ppd.

Not sure how the bonus points were calculated on this one, but it's not a unit I hope to see again if this doesn't get fixed..

I will be shutting down my rigs soon so I can rewire my basement. That should give you guys a couple extra WUs to play with. Enjoy!
Thanks there! :D
Good luck rewiring :thumb:

·
Registered
524 Posts
I picked up a 13400 unit on a 5700xt too.
5 minutes TPF, 330k ppd..
On a "good" unit I see somewhere around 1.25mil ppd.

Not sure how the bonus points were calculated on this one, but it's not a unit I hope to see again if this doesn't get fixed..
[EDIT] So after 10% it shows 1.2mil ppd with still the 5 minute TPF and 4
I pulled one on my 980 and it has a ~7:40 TPF for ~650k PPD, which is actually about the best I have seen on that card. Over 12 hours for a single WU though.

·
Fold on!
6,815 Posts
I pulled one on my 980 and it has a ~7:40 TPF for ~650k PPD, which is actually about the best I have seen on that card. Over 12 hours for a single WU though.
That Edit wasn't supposed to be there, something went wrong deleting it I guess :thinking:
Right at the time of typing that previous edit I saw it jump back to 330k ppd..

·
Registered
524 Posts
That Edit wasn't supposed to be there, something went wrong deleting it I guess :thinking:
Right at the time of typing that previous edit I saw it jump back to 330k ppd..
I'm noticing that FAHControl is reporting decent PPD for me, but HFM shows terrible PPD. I was expecting ~600k from my 13400 that my 2080 Ti finished earlier but I didn't get it, so not sure what to think.

For my 980:

Attachments

·
Registered
524 Posts
I haven't tried it yet myself, but found this babysitter script referenced on the LTT forums. It statuses the client and will pause/restart it if the download retry time exceeds a certain threshold. I will probably experiment with it later tonight but wanted to share as I know myself and others were contemplating writing something for just this purpose.

·
Once more into the Fold
2,911 Posts
Its a new unit so sometimes HFM needs a few updates to show accurate PPD, try downloading new projects under the Tools tab. What credit was given to you in your log?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Its a new unit so sometimes HFM needs a few updates to show accurate PPD, try downloading new projects under the Tools tab. What credit was given to you in your log?
Thanks for the info! I probably knew that years ago but have been gone for too long. Now HFM is showing the same as FAHControl. In the log it did show the estimated credit to be close to 600k as expected, but it didn't register in the 6PM EOC update as expected. Maybe it will show up in a few minutes here for the 9PM update.

·
Watercooler
3,367 Posts
Thanks for the info! I probably knew that years ago but have been gone for too long. Now HFM is showing the same as FAHControl. In the log it did show the estimated credit to be close to 600k as expected, but it didn't register in the 6PM EOC update as expected. Maybe it will show up in a few minutes here for the 9PM update.
Happened to me a few times today if that helps, has been folding all day but it seems folding servers are not registering Points.
I have been getting about 100K points per hour and at the 3 hour checkpoint it says i did 0 for that portion of time.

·
Still lurkin about :/
1,552 Posts
Is anybody else getting an issue when you dont get a WU for a while, it then appears to get assigned one only for it to be stuck/stop during the download and never complete?

Attachments

·
Once more into the Fold
2,911 Posts
Yes I used to get a bunch of those when the [email protected] servers were overloaded, but havent seen it lately. That server seems to be operating properly and I dont see it listed yet as a problem server on the folding forums, I actually just grabbed a job from that server. Try shutting down the client, dont just exit the client, and restarting it. You could try adjusting your next-unit-percentage flag, but I havent seen any huge change from using values from 95-100

·
Still lurkin about :/
1,552 Posts
Yes I used to get a bunch of those when the [email protected] servers were overloaded, but havent seen it lately. That server seems to be operating properly and I dont see it listed yet as a problem server on the folding forums, I actually just grabbed a job from that server. Try shutting down the client, dont just exit the client, and restarting it. You could try adjusting your next-unit-percentage flag, but I havent seen any huge change from using values from 95-100
Thanks Franz, took you advice and completly shut down the client and reopened, took about 8-10 goes to before it got a WU but its back up and folding now.

·
Why is it smoking?
4,020 Posts
For some reason, the 1660S in my wife's rig has been having trouble getting WUs assigned to it for the past couple of days. The card is stable and has completed 25 WU's since I added it to HFM with 0 errors, stock clocks and temps are good, the internet connection is fine, and her clients have the same flags mine do(just client-type advanced right now). When it does get a WU, it completes it without errors. Her CPU has been getting and completing WUs, and my CPU and GPU are both running with no problems.

·
Premium Member
4,785 Posts
For some reason, the 1660S in my wife's rig has been having trouble getting WUs assigned to it for the past couple of days. The card is stable and has completed 25 WU's since I added it to HFM with 0 errors, stock clocks and temps are good, the internet connection is fine, and her clients have the same flags mine do(just client-type advanced right now). When it does get a WU, it completes it without errors. Her CPU has been getting and completing WUs, and my CPU and GPU are both running with no problems.

That really comes down to the luck of the draw for which work server the machine is assigned to. You can stop and then re-start the client, and hopefully it will connect to a server that has work available. Other than that there's not much you can do. :eek:

·
Why is it smoking?
4,020 Posts
That really comes down to the luck of the draw for which work server the machine is assigned to. You can stop and then re-start the client, and hopefully it will connect to a server that has work available. Other than that there's not much you can do. :eek:

You're right. I rebooted her computer and it got a new WU immediately. Thanks!

·
Not new to Overclock.net
588 Posts
Well now I'm mostly getting CPU WUs. My GPU is just sitting there looking pretty. WHACK!

*Edit* A minute after posting this I got a WU. So I propose the solution is to complain here and then you'll get a WU.

·
Fold on!
6,815 Posts
Well now I'm mostly getting CPU WUs. My GPU is just sitting there looking pretty. WHACK!

*Edit* A minute after posting this I got a WU. So I propose the solution is to complain here and then you'll get a WU.
It definitely works :D

21 - 40 of 44 Posts