Overclock.net banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi!
When I launch my PC it is very loud for several seconds. It is Noctua NH-D15 and it connected to CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT 4 pin connectors on Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite motherboard. Both fans work in PWM control mode. BIOS version is F11.

Is this normal or can it be fixed some way?

Video (with sound):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA1Aw0_kU9U

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Noctua NH-D15
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite (bios F11)

This lasts since I built this PC and now I'm tired of this sound a little. Also, it can wake up my wife.

my Asrock X570 Phantom Gaming X does the same thing.

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
my Asrock X570 Phantom Gaming X does the same thing.

Most if not all MB headers will do that. It’s because the fan profile is saved in the bios so until it reaches the bios it’ll spin the fans at max. The only way around this issue is a fan controller that saves the settings to its firmware like any of the AQ gear.

·
Premium Member
26,948 Posts
Would be nice if motherboard companies gave user an option to start fans at 6v instead of 12v, like Noctua LNAs'.
But it will never happen.

I think if DenisL used his Noctua LNAs that came with cooler the noise would be fine and resulting 1000rpm (approx) instead of 1500rpm top speed would cool everything no problems.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Most if not all MoBo spin any fans connected to max at startup. This is part of the System Self test for CPU fans. As someone else said, I'd look at using the low noise adapters for the fans to keep them a bit quieter at startup but be aware, they will reduce the max fan speed and increase thermals so throttling become an issue if you have any serious over clock

41 - 44 of 44 Posts