Overclock.net banner

Noctua Nh-u12s Redux vs Burst Assassin 120 A-RGB vs se 226 xt

603 25
Hi all, I currently have a 226 xt and it is doing great but I would like to know if the Noctua Nh-u12s Redux or the Burst Assassin 120 A-RGB are better in terms of cooling. These are the models I found for my budget of 28,000 pesos for this nothing else. Thank you all in advance for your recommendations. Greetings.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Senior OCN Member
46,125 Posts
Its so little that its more waste of time and money for so little gain
If you want a better cooler wait until you have more money for a better cooler

• Helpful
Reactions: VirusF

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Its so little that its more waste of time and money for so little gain
If you want a better cooler wait until you have more money for a better cooler
@VirusF

Burst Assassin is better, but as @shilka said neither will be much better than the 226 xt, it's not worth upgrading.
Maybe you will find something better than me:Cpu Cooler | MercadoLibre 📦

I only looked for the reputable ones and not in depth given my little knowledge. I just looked for those two that also have a 120mm fan and thought maybe one was better. But I'll leave you the link to the store to see if you find something that is an upgrade. Thank you very much to both of you. Regards.

Edit: I was thinking about the redux because as I could see it brings to mount another 120mm fan.Or put two Arctic P12 directly on it.

·
Premium Member
28,342 Posts
NH-U12S is not as good.
Burst Assassin might be slightly better than 226XT, but not by much. If you can sell your 226XT for price of BA120 I would consider doing it. Otherwise stick with what you have.

• Helpful

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

And this one with two 140mm?

Edit:

·
Premium Member
28,342 Posts
AS500 Plus has 2 fans.

• Rep+

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AS500 Plus has 2 fans.
Yes, it would be a real improvement? I found more options in my previous post, I also found these two that are within my budget but I don't know if they would be an improvement to the 226 xt. Thank you very much.

·
Premium Member
28,342 Posts
ID-Cooling SE 226XT is very good cooler. If you are having problems cooling your problem is most likely case airflow, not your 226 XT. What case and case fan setup do you have?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What case and case fan setup do you have?
I have a pure base 500 with two 140mm front silent wings 3, one on top (almost right above the heatsink) exhausting air and one in the back also exhausting air, the two that pull the air out are 140mm pure wings 2. I would add a P14 ACFAN00123A on top to add more cool air inside the case?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Number
Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Number

I think the 226 xt did pretty well for its low cost, it's 33 degrees outside and I have the air conditioning on at 23 degrees. It should be noted that the air conditioner is almost on top of the cabinet.

·
Premium Member
28,342 Posts
Your Pure Wings 3 are low speed low pressure fans moving little air unless running full speed, and even than flowing much less than a higher pressure rated fan will. I suggest better front intake fans. Your P14 is much more capable at moving the air your system needs, so switch it into upper front. Fans that have higher pressure rating to overcome resistance of grill, filter, cables, etc.
Pure Wings 3 = 1000rpm, 59.5cfm, 1.08mm H2O​
P14 ACFAN00123A = 1700rpm, 72.8cfm, 2.4mm H2O​

Not sure that will solve problem completely, but should help it alot.

• Helpful

·
Fix it till its broke
1,384 Posts
80 isn't horrible. Full load for 15 minutes isn't that great though. A lot of people are like these stress tests are not real-world loads... I wonder of those people have run World Community Grid, Rosetta, or [email protected] at all. Those programs are full load all the time until you turn it off, or it crashes :D

• Rep+

·
Fix it till its broke
1,384 Posts
  • Helpful
1 - 20 of 26 Posts