Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my NOCTUA NH-u12P isnt coooling as well as it should. Could it be the cooler itself or could it be my bad TIM application or could it be the fan??
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by slngsht View Post
yes.

try reseating it
yes what? and ill do that when i get my new memory cuz im going to be putting new thermal paste on my GPU as well.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok. Well im thinkin about getting a new fan. Like a panaflo or Scythe S-Flex. Im also getting IC7 paste too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,275 Posts
fans dont make that big of a difference, a couple degrees thats it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,445 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by arekieh
View Post

fans dont make that big of a difference, a couple degrees thats it

That can be a big difference to some
.

Also to the OP, what is your ambient/room temperature?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by arekieh
View Post

fans dont make that big of a difference, a couple degrees thats it

yeah but that fan on it doesnt move like any air.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
912 Posts
I would suspect it needs a reseat. It comes with a quality fan out of the box.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by cs_maan
View Post

That can be a big difference to some
.

Also to the OP, what is your ambient/room temperature?

like 30 to 35c
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,241 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by mocha989
View Post

like 30 to 35c

thats your problem right there, my room is like 25 C. An average room temp is 21 C
 

·
I TeK things...
Joined
·
17,448 Posts
Reseat it, and make sure you don't use too much thermal paste! That can hinder temps too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,275 Posts
anyways the fan that comes with the noctua is amazing
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,183 Posts
where you at that the temp is that high Florida?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,445 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by mocha989
View Post

like 30 to 35c

Well there's your problem, your room is WAY too hot.

My room temp is around 21C-22C.

A/C?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My Ambient temp right now is 33c according to Rivatuner. I live in Washington state of the U.S.A.

OMG thats 91 degrees Farenheit what the hell! It does not feel that hot it feels like 60 F.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,445 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by mocha989
View Post

My Ambient temp right now is 33c according to Rivatuner. I live in Washington state of the U.S.A.

OMG thats 91 degrees Farenheit what the hell!

I believe that's inside the case....what is your ROOM temperature, what does it say on the thermostat.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by cs_maan
View Post

I believe that's inside the case....what is your ROOM temperature, what does it say on the thermostat.

oh it says 66 farenheit
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top