Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have any headphones yet and I need a good pair for travel. I am looking for a pair of noise cancelling headphone that are around as good as the HD 555s or HD 595s. I don't want to spend more than $200. This will be for an ipod touch 3g.

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want headphones that go over the ear or on the ear.

·
Premium Member
6,546 Posts
noise canceling actually degrades audio quality while noise blocking simply blocks out noise. IEM's are you best bet for blocking out high amounts of noise and maintaining sound quality. past that, any closed back will do. ATH's are on the thinner side of Noise blocking. i take it from the HD555's you like forward mids/highs/wider sound stage?

what music do you like?
willing to buy IEM's?
are you dead set on NC and not NB?

·
Master of Black Snow
19,338 Posts
Well can you wear them in your ear canals?

If you can then I have a pair for you that will only cost you in the $20 range.

I have an iPod Nano and a 3rd Gen Shuffle. My Skull Candy Ink'd earbuds work perfectly with them. The earbuds come with 3 sizes of padding to fit most canals. I have to wear the smallest pads and they fit beautifully.

Oh and did I mention they block out the sound? I wear them on the way to the store in a small town. You know the kind of community that has vehicles running straight pipe? Can't hear them. I'm constantly having to look over my shoulder as I come up to a cross street so I don't get run over.

Best $10 investment I ever made on earbuds.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?client=safari&rls=en&q=Skull+Candy+Ink'd&o e=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=13398214112340745316&ei=ffOZS6_yLIroM-uDuXo&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&res num=5&ved=0CCEQ8wIwBA#ps-sellers

My apologies I didn't see that you want over the ears. I'll leave the rest up tho in case you find that you're willing to take a chance.

~Ceadder
:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts