Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using the non-graphical folding app, and it is pressing my CPU very high in temp, how do I slow down the processing rate to keep my CPU cool?

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
I think there's a setting for like maximum CPU usage and you could set it to like 80% or something, just add a -config flag to the executible

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookedjunglist

did yiou try the stock heatsink with yours??
if so is your spark 7 better? i have the same sp7
and a 3.2e dont know if we share the same
oem heatsink though
heres a pic of it

The Stock HS sucked worse than this SPark7+, but the SPark is better than the aquarius II i was using. I am just waiting for the OK from my wife to get the XP-90 for this system, I want to build a case and built in custom watercooling for my next system, hopefully a AMD64.

As for accessing the configuration, how do I get into the area were I can type "-config"?

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mfillpot

The Stock HS sucked worse than this SPark7+, but the SPark is better than the aquarius II i was using. I am just waiting for the OK from my wife to get the XP-90.

As for accessing the configuration, how do I get into the area were I can type "-config"?

you should be able to right click on the little cog/protien looking thing in the bottom right and select configure then under advanced step down the CPU usage percent slider my core was running like 130°f untill i modified the setup

how is the spark7 better than the aquarious 2 ?

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookedjunglist

you should be able to right click on the little cog/protien looking thing in the bottom right and select configure then under advanced step down the CPU usage percent slider my core was running like 130°f untill i modified the setup

how is the spark7 better than the aquarious 2 ?

The aquarius II is a piece of crap, the pump died, the hoses are not thick enough for sufficient flow, the waterblock did very little and the radiator barely cooled the water, I am pulling slightly better tems with the $25 Spark7+ than I did with the $150 Aquarius II system.

Edit: I think I found the problem with the folding app, I had two of the non-graphic versions running at once. I will post again if the problem continues.

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mfillpot

The aquarius II is a piece of crap, the pump died, the hoses are not thick enough for sufficient flow, the waterblock did very little and the radiator barely cooled the water, I am pulling slightly better tems with the $25 Spark7+ than I did with the $150 Aquarius II system.

Edit: I think I found the problem with the folding app, I had two of the non-graphic versions running at once. I will post again if the problem continues.

lemme scratch aquarios from my list of prospects for water cooling

1 - 7 of 7 Posts