Discussion Starter #1
Ok so this is my forth build-

NXZT Nenesis Elite Case
Antec 500watt PSU
AMD 64 3000+ 2.00ghz stock
DFI LanParty 250Gb Mobo
1 gig of pc4000 Corrisar RAM
Ati 9800 265mg 128bit

now here is my question, i had previously OC'ed my old Athlon form a 1.83ghz to a 2ghz but thats the only OC'ing iv ever done. I am familiar with the Nforce3 bios but i have no idea how to actually "use" them. I want to OC my proc, ram, and vid card. Is there some other websites that will better help me with this process? or maybe someone else has a similar setup that can relate?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
lotta ppl have that board, first thing you want to do is update the bios cause it reads bad temps

• Rep+
Reactions: Xavier1421

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Everything you need to know about what the bios controls do is located in you manual that is on the driver CD for the mobo. You up the FSB and it's voltage (make sure your temps stay under 55C load) for the proc, attached is a chart with what to set for the different voltages, the RAM is overclocked by maintaining a 1:1 ratio with the FSB and it will overclock automatically as you up the FSB. In regards to this, the timings and RAM voltage affect how far you can OC the CPU. Your video card is overclocked through Windows using software. DL ATI TOOL and use the automatic overclock ability to find the max OC for your card (I'm assuming you are using the same vid card as is your profile) One more thing, after you update the bios, turn off the thermal throttle option in the bios. there are quite a few good posts in this site relating to your mobo and similar CPU. search around for them, they are full of information. I think deadlock made a guide for your mobo, you should be able to find it.

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by waffle

I dont have a floppy drive at all, can i update the BIOS using a CD?

I belive you can, its just got to be a boot CD, like its got to be a boot floppy. With some mobos you can possibly even do it with a flash drive/MP3 player I think

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Your mobo should have come with a drivers CD and that contains WinFlash which is what I used to flash my board.

For alot of info regarding the DFI nForce 3 check the thread linked in my SIG.

This will help cover the basics of what everything does and from there we can start to help you get your CPU overclocked.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have another problem, when i start up my comp it shows the mobo start-up picture, and then skips the "press F1 to continue or press Del to enter setup"

whops! nvm i just found that i can just hit the Del key like a thousand times and it works

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
lol, yeh, just hit del key as booting

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,917 Posts
better, just hold the delete key down till the bios opens

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,917 Posts
or f1

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
you only need to press it once as soon as you see the mobo picture.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by zokus

you only need to press it once as soon as you see the mobo picture.

I would much rather hit it as many times as i can untill it shows the bios screen

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by waffle

I would much rather hit it as many times as i can untill it shows the bios screen

LOL thats what I do, The screens go by so fast.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts