Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nick is Wascal and very new to oc. Came looking for info on Intel 2.53 cpu as to what kind of results I can expect.
Curently running a Dell 4550, 512 mem, everything else is stock. Looking to build my first system and trying to keep cost down wanted to use the 2.53 cpu if I can get the speed kicked up.

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wascal
Nick is Wascal and very new to oc. Came looking for info on Intel 2.53 cpu as to what kind of results I can expect.
Curently running a Dell 4550, 512 mem, everything else is stock. Looking to build my first system and trying to keep cost down wanted to use the 2.53 cpu if I can get the speed kicked up.
Welcome to the forum Wascal, you "Wascally Wabbit", LOL. Once you build your new system, depending on which memory, motherboard, and CPU heat sink/fan you decide to go with will determine how far you will be able to OC the 2.53. On air cooling you can look forward to around the area of 3.0Ghz +/-. Once you get ready to build and want recommendations, start a new thread in the related sections, Intel memory, Intel Motherboards, ETC. hope to see ya around.

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Welcome! I used to have a 2.53 that I put in an Abit IC7 mobo. I was able to reach 3.3ghz or so on air. NoAffinity has it right now, and I believe he took it to around 3.4-3.5 on a peltier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts