Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I'm a noobie at the computer building thing but i got putting it together figured out. BUT i have an Infinity NF2 mobo and there is a jumper on it for the processor. When i put the jumper on, this thing really hauls @ss! But, it gives me constant errors and shuts down. When i take it off it runs as a 1900+ at 1.47ghz but runs like a champ, never get any errors. Any ideas? I have been at it for about 2 weeks now and dont know whats going on. I paid for a 3200+ not a 1900+!!!!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Make sure the rest of ur jumpers and hardware is installed correct. Check bios settings too, set to default

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by trained4muscle

Hey guys! I'm a noobie at the computer building thing but i got putting it together figured out. BUT i have an Infinity NF2 mobo and there is a jumper on it for the processor. When i put the jumper on, this thing really hauls @ss! But, it gives me constant errors and shuts down. When i take it off it runs as a 1900+ at 1.47ghz but runs like a champ, never get any errors. Any ideas? I have been at it for about 2 weeks now and dont know whats going on. I paid for a 3200+ not a 1900+!!!!

Is your mobo the NFII ULTRA INFINITY, I couldn't find any info on a Infinity NF2, only the NFII ULTRA INFINITYseries.

Anyway the NFII ULTRA INFINITY series doesn't have a CPU jumper, the frequencies are set up in the BIOS. The only jumper I see in the manual is the CMOS jumper. If you don't have the NFII ULTRA INFINITY just ignore what I said.

·
Registered
386 Posts
On the Infinity Ultra NFII there is one jumper that set your FSB to 100mhz, for emergency jus incase you cant get booted, why dont you try and clear you CMOS, this way unplug you power cable for you PSU and then take the CMOS battery out and then move the clear cmos jumper to clear leave for 30sec put the jumper back and the battery, cable back in and switch you pc on in the bios select set to default option and check again!

·
Premium Member
3,983 Posts
To add Ive built 3 systems with this board and the when you put the jumper on it should be running at normal clock speed, with the jumper off it will run at 100mhz. What kind of errors do you get? Are they blue screen? When do they happen mostly? Randomly? Ram can usually causes all the really wierd problems. Which gives me an idea. Is your ram atleast PC3200?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok guys . . my bad i have a DFi infinity ultra infinity nf2 mobo . . . .i have pc400 ram kingston, yea the errors are blue screen then shutdown . . . .ill try the bios reset/default config real quick and see if it works . . .

·
Registered
386 Posts
hav yua done it yet, please say if it worked!!

• Rep+
Reactions: trained4muscle

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yep i tried the reset config thing man . . . no luck still random blue screens/shut downs. Where cam i find the memtest prog?

·
Registered
386 Posts
??, waht could it be.............. have you put the heatsink on right way? check

·
Registered
386 Posts
Set your memory ratio to 1:1

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
grrr......nope the 1:1 mem ratio didnt work so i set it back on auto. i dont really know what im doing as far as the bios goes. Does anyone have this mobo and can tell what my settings should be in-
Standard CMOS;
Advanced Bios;
Advanced Chipset;
Integrated Chipset;
Power Management setup;
PnP/PCI Configuration;
Genie Bios;?

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by trained4muscle

thanks for everyone thats helped so far!!!!!!

Check for BIOS updates and see if any relevant improvements are listed.
Here is a handy tells all utility to check out your system, get the free home edition. Load it and poke around. It helped me find the correct drivers for my monitor and by eliminating the Plug and Play monitor the FPS went up.
http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en

You may want to check your refresh rates, that can cause some problems but it's a long shot.

I'd check for driver up dates but stay away from XP SP2, many have no problems but many also do!!!

·
Registered
386 Posts
oh yes a bios update might help you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have never flashed a bios before so i dont realy want to do it cause i ts my understanding that i can easily screw up the whole thing . . . . and im not sure which bios update to use

1 - 20 of 24 Posts