Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently ordered an AMD 64 X2 3800+ Socket 939 CPU

and was wondering if I upgraded my mobo, would I be able to use ddr2 ram. or am I limited.

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sven123 View Post
n00b
QFT, you didn't even change it after your second post. Thank you for your wonderful insight. It is people like you who are bringing overall forum maturity to an all time low.

That being said, 939, as you know, will not run DDR2. For DDR2 one needs an AM2 system. I recommend making the switch.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah I'm new to all of this, and thats exactly why I joined the forum. bash on me for that if that's what makes you feel good about yourself. I don't really mind.

anyway, this forum is excellent in terms of help. I appreciate you guys for answering my questions that are pretty much no brainers to all of you.

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFlyingWallaby View Post
QFT, you didn't even change it after your second post. Thank you for your wonderful insight. It is people like you who are bringing overall forum maturity to an all time low.

That being said, 939, as you know, will not run DDR2. For DDR2 one needs an AM2 system. I recommend making the switch.
Nah, you can upgrade your system to be just as fast as the DDR2 AM2 setups for much less. You're actually in a decent situation to skip DDR2 altogether and move into DDR3 after this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts