Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking to watercool two graphics cards, and I am considering going green and moving to EVGA simply because of the warranty and the ability to use 3rd party coolers.
What baffles me, coming strictly from AMD, is the huge variety of the exact same line.

For example, there are NINE varients of 660 (another two out-of-stock), 4 different 670's (another 3 out-of-stock),
The same shebang exists with the 700's series, 9 variants of the 760 and 11 variants of the 770.

Can someone give me a quick rundown, is there an easy way to pinpoint "reference" designs for watercoolers?

·
Premium Member
8,509 Posts
You need different blocks for the standard and Super clocked which are reference vs the FTW, classified ect. that use a different block. Unless you go with universal blocks like I use which works on all cards, but you need copper heatsinks for the memory.

Usually if the memory changes so does the block, most of the time anyhow.

Here's the universal blocks I use, they were on the 680FTW now on the 780 classified's a lot cheaper in the long run too because they work on all cards and only $60 each.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts