Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I need mjor help, I cannot find data on my mobo to OC, my bios has no options to cahnge fsb or memory settings and i am at a loss of what to do, from what i read this 3100 can be clocked from 1.8 to2.5 easily. What do i do? PLEASE HELP

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tranphuloc

sorry...and OCZ ram w/ heatsink

wow umgreat advice... maybe we should see if he can use the mobo he has... instead of saying to go buy a new computer practically....

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pbasil1

wow umgreat advice... maybe we should see if he can use the mobo he has... instead of saying to go buy a new computer practically....

HAHA...well, i'm betting, since he didn't list his PSU, he has a Big Box store PC.

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
ok ive googled your motherboard and cant find anything on it so can you try to find the website for it or links to some info on it...? and maybe go back and look through the bios, it should be under the softmenu, to adjust clock frequency...

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by HardwaterH4ck3r

HAHA...well, i'm betting, since he didn't list his PSU, he has a Big Box store PC.

ya well we can still try to work with what he has... i dont think we should just say off the bat that he hast to go drop 300$ to OC his cpu some.... i think we should atleast try to work with him first, then if it fails, make suggestions for new hardware

·
Old school
14,411 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tranphuloc

First U need the DFI Lanparty nForce3 250gb UT mobo and a very good PSU !!!

There are motherboards for half the price of a DFI that will OC that cpu fine as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello all very new here & to O/C
This is what I've got
GIGABYTE K8 TRITON [GA-K8VM800M]
SEMPROM 3100+ 1.8GHz
Read this might reach about 2.5GHz W/Stock fan
Don't know anything to these things need a little help
I know how to access my CMOS THATS ABOUT IT

·
Registered
35 Posts
Press delete at startup. That is what most mobos use. Look for anything about FSB frequency, vCore voltage, ram voltage, etc. I believe that mobo is not very good for oc'ing though. Not sure...

·
Registered
5 Posts
dragosmp...I'm new to this O/Cing will this[NVIDIA nTune] work on a GIGABYTE K8 TRITON [GA K8VM800M] W/SEMPROM 3100+.I need to start some place,seems theirs is little help out here other then saying go into your CMOS[Look for anything about FSB frequency, vCore voltage, ram voltage, etc.]I get this on most sites.Nothing very specific on what to do
Hope U can help get me started,Im just a little worried about frying something if I start on my own

·
Registered
35 Posts
There is many good faq's on this out there. You should definitely read these faq's or you probably will fry something. I am pretty noob too, but the reason I asked what your BIOS has in it is that is a pretty good indication of whether or not you can OC with this mobo. That is where you should start. No sense reading faq's if you can't adjust your fsb(or HTT)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I guess I'll start here...I'M thinking of upgradeing my memory,will this help with the CPU.Seems most memory runs at 400MGz.DOES faster memery inhance Computer speed? If so would this be a better selection
K-Byte 512MB PC4200 DDR2 DIMM Memory 533MHz $70.00ea
K-Byte 512MB PC5300 DDR2 DIMM Memory 667MHz $75.00ea
PNY Optima 2-Pack 512MB PC2-4200 DDR2 DIMM 533MHz $140.00pr

seems everything is about the same price frm 400MGz to 533
Or does the CPU control mem speed

1 - 20 of 22 Posts