Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i was looking in my comp and i found out my psu is a mge mge!!!! furtantly nothings wrong but if antone has ideas to get it to be less crapy wile i have it gets a repy or 2...or 3

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by remote_username
ok i was looking in my comp and i found out my psu is a mge mge!!!! furtantly nothings wrong but if antone has ideas to get it to be less crapy wile i have it gets a repy or 2...or 3
Polish it out?? Add a plexi cover?? LED Fans?? Then it'll be a good looking crappy PSU

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
I dunt think you can get it to be "less crappy" untill you get a new one or try the doulbe psu thing

·
Registered
712 Posts
Quote:

not much you can do with PSU's except buy a new one...sorry. You can get em chewp enough and even a vanilla Antec will prolly be better.

·
Banned
2,222 Posts
Quote:

open up the PSU, check to see if it has any variable pots....

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
if you have a spare PSU do the following

take your PSU that you want to use for secondary devices...such as cdroms harddrives fans lights and other such devices....

1. take your psu and unplug it, flip the switch on and off several times to kill the juice in it..
2. take your jumper [papercliip, wire, or whatever and jump from the on switch and common ground as marked in my picture in the red [ the purple part is the clip on the mobo 20pin molex]
3.plug your psu into your powerstrip [turn the powerstrip off]
4. turn the power supply on with the jumper installed
5. install a fan to test to see if your PSU is working
6. turn on the powerstrip
7. the power supply should come on , and thats it

Most 20pin atx mobo conectors the power switch wire is green
and the ground will be black

heres the picture
LL

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Quote:

ok now to get a psw....nvr ok dose anyone know how far i can up the vcore and the cpu still last bout...3 years?
changing the Vcore is done on the motherboard and shouldnt affect the PSU in any way, that it wasnt designed to handle..
Vcore will possibly reduce the life of your CPU

1 - 11 of 11 Posts