Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stutter? It hapens every few seconds for a split second....

Setup is:

CPU- AMD C3 965
Motherboard- Foxconn Cinema II Deluxe (785G chipset)
Ram- 4Gb kit of Kingston Hyper X 1600Mhz CAS8 @ 1.65 (1.808v)
Optical Drive- LiteOn Blu-Ray Drive
Hard Drive- Super Talent 16Gb SSD
PSU- BFG 650w
OS- Windows 7 Ultimate RC
BR Disc Playback Software- PowerDVD 8 (Blu-Ray Edition)

Monitor/ TV
Acer H233H 23" HD 1080p Monitor (Connection is D-Sub)
Samsung LN-52A650 52" LCD TV (Connnection is HDMI Audio Turned off)
Digital Audio through TOSlink to Pioneer Receiver.

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have the same BR player and software and it was playing flawlessly on the win7 RC but now like you, it cuts out for a second every now and then.
if you find out anything let me know cuz its killin me.

·
hi?
402 Posts
Do you have any type of disk backup software running? With my computer I had dell data safe running and my blurays would stutter I removed the program and it doesn't stutter any more. Just an idea.
Ialso use power vdv 8.
Another thought I had to update the firmware on my lg bluray when I first got it. Maybe thats something elso you can check.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:
Hard Drive- Super Talent 16Gb SSD

Which one? Does it have high write latency which causes OS stuttering?

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
you could set the priority on that playing process to higher.

Clt-Alt-Del and set the specific program's priority.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by h2on0 View Post
Do you have any type of disk backup software running? With my computer I had dell data safe running and my blurays would stutter I removed the program and it doesn't stutter any more. Just an idea.
Ialso use power vdv 8.
Another thought I had to update the firmware on my lg bluray when I first got it. Maybe thats something elso you can check.
I didn't find any firmware on the MFR website. Good idea though!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckieHo View Post

Which one? Does it have high write latency which causes OS stuttering?
This one. SUPER TALENT MasterDrive OX FTM16GL25H
I noticed that the 3D Bubbles even kind of stutter... Would that be an indication of someting pertaining to this or something else?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiden911 View Post
you could set the priority on that playing process to higher.

Clt-Alt-Del and set the specific program's priority.
I will check that! Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by .:hybrid:. View Post
Try VLC. Thats the only player that can do blueray on my laptop. Other players would stutter.
PowerDVD 8 should be fine though shouldn't it?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Pop a blu-ray in and check your CPU usage. This will tell us if it's a problem with the software or the hardware. Under 50% will be a hardware problem, over 50% will be a software problem.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by frickfrock99
View Post

Try downloading the K-lite codec pack.
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...codec_pack.htm

Wont make a difference, powerdvd has and use's it's own codecs just like VLC.

To the OP your 785G is made specifically for BR playback, I have the 780G and have no issues, though I get some stuttering on HD-DVD's as I have a combo drive that does both. Seems to be a software issue as I'm using Arcsoft Total Media theatre since PowerDVD no longer supports HD-DVD.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mastiffman
View Post

This one. SUPER TALENT MasterDrive OX FTM16GL25H
I noticed that the 3D Bubbles even kind of stutter... Would that be an indication of someting pertaining to this or something else?

JMicron controller.... Do you have stuttering when open multiple web browsers or apps?

·
I might have tacos tonite
22,339 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyFr
View Post

Wont make a difference, powerdvd has and use's it's own codecs just like VLC.

To the OP your 785G is made specifically for BR playback, I have the 780G and have no issues, though I get some stuttering on HD-DVD's as I have a combo drive that does both. Seems to be a software issue as I'm using Arcsoft Total Media theatre since PowerDVD no longer supports HD-DVD.

I get no stuttering on hd-dvd with arcsoft's theater and a combo drive. Neither of those should be an issue.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy9000
View Post

I get no stuttering on hd-dvd with arcsoft's theater and a combo drive. Neither of those should be an issue.

hmmmm odd, I never had issues with PowerDVD but do with arcsoft, and this is after a recent wipe and reload as well, maybe its ATI's drivers or something, arcsoft is set for hardware acceleration. oh well, I watch HD-DVD's like once every couple of months lol.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:
JMicron controller.... Do you have stuttering when open multiple web browsers or apps?
Nope. Not that I can see. The stuttering is probably undetectable to a "normal" viewer, but being that I'm always looking at it I can tell the difference. I would suspect the motherboard over anything else.... I have the ATI integrated driver's "10.2" installed. FYI! Being that the 3D Bubbles in W7 Stutter also, would that point the finger at hardware? Or possibly settings. I ahve the CPU OC'd to 3.8ghz @ 1.456v. Blu-ray Load temps bring the idle temp from 36*C to 41*C (Crappy Stock Cooler, have the Zalman CNPS10X Flex installed tomorrow). BUT I've put the CPU back to 3.4Ghz and it still does it. same thing with the Ram. Still stutters whether it's set to 1600mhz or 1333Mhz. same thing with the CPU-NB. 2400Mhz or 2000Mhz. I've tried adjusting the IGP graphics settings as well. Without the sideport on, it gets worse!

Could it just be a Poor quality BIOS? it's the latest that Foxconn offers for the Cinema II deluxe. I could try using the 5770 from my SigRig tomorrow, to see if it goes away. If it does then that would mean that it's the IGP in some way. No?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlchavis0844 View Post
Pop a blu-ray in and check your CPU usage. This will tell us if it's a problem with the software or the hardware. Under 50% will be a hardware problem, over 50% will be a software problem.
Well being that it's a Phenom II C3 965 with 4Gb kit of Kingston Hypers, that would only leave the motherboard or Blu-Ray drive. The motheboard is the only thing that I haven't test with other hardware in it!

My ram usage go up by only about 150Mb during playback and my CPU just mildly Fluctuates.

Quote:

Originally Posted by frickfrock99 View Post
Try downloading the K-lite codec pack.
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...codec_pack.htm
I don't download movies...

EDIT:

I think that I Found the Reason for the issue BUT No resolution....The HDMI connection!

When I disconnected the HDMI Cable that connects the TV to the PC, the stuttering stopped! And as soon as I reconnected the HDMI cable, the stuttering started again!

So, I ordered the MSI 785GM-E65 and the Asus M4A785TD-v EVO and Hopefully will find one of these two boards more efficeint at processing...

Also will be trying out my Vapor-X 5770 in each of the boards to see if there are better reults with one or the other!

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:

Originally Posted by h2on0
View Post

Is your tv or monitor hdcp compliant?

or maybe try a different hdmi cable or hdni input/output?

LOL Yes the TV is HDCP comliant. It wouldn't work otherwise!

I think that it's Just lack of hardware capabilities... ATI 4200 = Only 1 Input for best results! No?

Tried different HDMI Input on the TV. Still the same. If it were the HDMI Cable wouldn't it be more prone to Only affect the TV? Instead of both?

·
Starting to become a BOFH
10,471 Posts
Get the CCCP Codec pack, use MPC-HC.

Go to settings, Filters, UNCHECK MATROSKA.

You should now have GPU rendering.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts