Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all got my self a FX8120 and im really happy with the performance (upgraded from Core2Quad 8300)

Only got one issue and thats my temp's the thing give's of no heat what so ever ???

My min temp is 5 Degrees and max is never over 26 degrees is this normal ??

·
High Clocker
3,672 Posts
Core temp is wrong unless its underful load (prime)
Also you have cool & quite enabled which underclocks it to make it run cooler and use less power.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have not over clocked my cpu yet. I am running the very slight OC that my MSI motherboard has. Its running 3.3ghz. Here is where my temps are. I am running a corsair H60 cpu water cooler.
Here is a screen shoot just after I ran 3d mark vantage so you can see the temps at idle and how hot mine gets.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey again i used prime 95 for 3 hours last night and got 34degrees max and now it wont drop under 7degrees

Im just really shocked at these low temps lol

Will it affect my Cpu life if i disable cool and quiet i have a good cooler ??

Thanks for the help
smile.gif

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just made a post about this in the AMD - Air Cooling forum. Wasn't sure if I was getting invalid readings from both Core Temp and Hardware Manager or if the CPU's just ran that low.

·
Banned
518 Posts
The temps are accurate under load. If core temp reads 41c after a benchmark then your temp would have been roughly 41c

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will stop worrying about it then .Overall the FX cpus are really good im really satisfied with mine
thumb.gif

·
Frequency is Megabytes
2,997 Posts
You are safe till 83 degrees centigrade

I bet you will hit the power wall before you hit the heat wall

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeh i was thinking that

I don't plan on overclocking it yet anyway not until i meet something it wont run
rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brummy182 View Post

Yeh i was thinking that
I don't plan on overclocking it yet anyway not until i meet something it wont run
rolleyes.gif
This is exactly how I see it. As a gamer if this CPU is running all the games I play on max settings with 60+ fps then I see no reason to OC it..... yet!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeh i would rather have a longer life CPU then a Fast one that i have to replace in 18month's

I dont think there are any games the 8120 wont run

1 - 11 of 11 Posts