Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a new motherboard for a backup computer and i didnt have all the stuff for it so i put it off too the side and over time of it sitting around the heatsink off the top of the northbridge came off!! ( came undone from the glue holding it on to the chip. is it still good? or do i have too take it off and scrape the glue off and reaply it? there is two tabs on the heatsink that might prevent me from taking it off the board. please inform me of what too do.

·
Banned
6,776 Posts
Usually the nortbridge is held down by a pin(s), not just glue.

I can only think to research on some sort of glue/paste for heat-sinks, AFAIK there are pads that you can buy.......where? I have no clue where exactly but I just know. Maybe newegg? Your local PC shop?

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nasgul

Usually the nortbridge is held down by a pin(s), not just glue.

I can only think to research on some sort of glue/paste for heat-sinks, AFAIK there are pads that you can buy.......where? I have no clue where exactly but I just know. Maybe newegg? Your local PC shop?

You can take the pins off then clean it up with alcohol, then apply as5 put the heat sink back on with the pins, and better than before.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts