Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have a p4 northwood 2.8ghz and i have it overclocked at 3.8. I was wondering if any1 else has a northwood and what there highest overclock was because i had it at 4.0 but it failed prime.

·
Registered
49 Posts
thats a nice clock that mate, but i cant help you, i would advise gettin better cooling dependin on you budget i would get a good water cooling system and if you on a budget(like me
) haha i would get a big typhoon as everyone thinks there amazin! soo yeh go for that i am

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my cpu cooling is a maddog copperchill with AS5 but im thinking on getting a new one just dont know what to get with my case as it is small

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
Well a larger case would help your cooling also, with a typhoon & larger case then you can get better temps, hence more overclock, I think someone got one of those northys close to 4ghz.

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
With some upgraded cooling, weather its an XP-90 or 120 heatsink and fan or watercooling, it would definately help you up your OC. What are your temps when overclocked? I dont know what that cooling is
never heard of it!

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
The best I have ever made (On Air) is 3.8GHz fully stable at Prime95 (2 Instances 24 hours).

I have made 4.0GHz more than a few times with 3.2 Northwoods but they never Primed stable (2 Instances 24 hours) and usually the second core would fail after so many minutes. Now some don't mind if their system does not pass prime95 stable and are more concerned about having the 4.0GHz, but I was taught early on overclock to stability.

R

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.