Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. I just installed Norton Security (primely because of the parental controls) so that my siblings won't access inappropriate stuff. But now guess what! I lost my supervisor password! Do you know anyway to recover it or uninstall it? ( IT won't let me uninstall because I'm not loigged in as supervisor)

Please Hlep.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
just deletes it, then reinstall??

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
isn't there a failsafe question for that? like if you email nortons and they ask you a question and then you answer they will send it to you?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i can't do that.....and i don't think symantec will answer me for that type of question. any other ideas?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
how come you can't delete it?? and is there even a failsafe question. Sorry guy, I can't think of anything else save reformatting

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Are you talking about Windows or Norton not letting you in because you forgot the supervisor password? If it's Norton you forgot the password on, then just Uninstall it and reinstall it.

If its your Windows Administrator password, it is a bit more complicated, but can be done, I have that procedure if you need it.:aacool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts