Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Their quality control must be absolutely mental. I had to RMA a set that didn't work recently for my Dad's build. My RAM won't even run at the rated speeds. The fastest I can get it to run is 1066MHZ @ 9-9-9-24 timings and I still get random crashes. My RAM Is supposed to run 1600mhz at those timings.

I've ruled out every other possible factor. I've tried my memory in another PC, same result. Next time I'm gonna get a nice set of Mushkin or Kingston. Corsair is a bit too pricey for my taste.

Last thing, I put a help thread on the OCZ Forums, and I was trying to explain how I tried some Corsair Dominator and it ran just fine, but the OCZ forums block the word "Corsair". Absolutely ridiculous....

/Rant

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Good thing since they are no longer selling RAM.

·
Turtle Lives Matter
4,807 Posts

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Never liked OCZ memory. After going with a few brands i ended up sticking with G.Skill, can't fault them..won't last, though, never does.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Huh, that sucks.

I guess the older stuff was okay. The OCZ DDR2 reapers I have work great. I have them overclocked a good bit and the timings are 4-4-4-11-16.

They must have thrown QC out the windows when it comes to the new stuff.

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Biscuits_N_Gravy View Post
Huh, that sucks.

I guess the older stuff was okay. The OCZ DDR2 reapers I have work great. I have them overclocked a good bit and the timings are 4-4-4-11-16.

My DDR3 Reapers work well, too. OCZ remains the only brand of memory that I've never had fail and I've used a lot of them. I've had every other major brand fail. For me, OCZ has been a rock.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckieHo
View Post

Good thing since they are no longer selling RAM.

I thought they only discontinued value RAM but are still manufacturing performance sticks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sccr64472
View Post

My DDR3 Reapers work well, too. OCZ remains the only brand of memory that I've never had fail and I've used a lot of them. I've had every other major brand fail. For me, OCZ has been a rock.

I'll trade ya! I'll even pay for shipping both ways!

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by imadude10
View Post

I thought they only discontinued value RAM but are still manufacturing performance sticks.

I'll trade ya! I'll even pay for shipping both ways!

The Obsidians are JUNK! I opurchased some for my HTPC build and they were Horrible. Couldn't even get 1333 stable on the 1600's

BUT, I do have some Flex EX 2000mhz Cas 8's that I'm running @ 1600mhz Cas6! I like em. I'm getting ready to slap a 1055T in my sig rig to see how high I can get ram freq.... Or close to 2000mhz at least.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mastiffman View Post
The Obsidians are JUNK! I opurchased some for my HTPC build and they were Horrible. Couldn't even get 1333 stable on the 1600's

BUT, I do have some Flex EX 2000mhz Cas 8's that I'm running @ 1600mhz Cas6! I like em. I'm getting ready to slap a 1055T in my sig rig to see how high I can get ram freq.... Or close to 2000mhz at least.

don't go over 1800 MHz on AMD's

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Ive got 1800Mhz OCZ Platinum stuff and not had a problem. Got them running at 1600Mhz with 7-7-7-24

·
I Am Gooble Gobble
6,669 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by imadude10 View Post
Their quality control must be absolutely mental. I had to RMA a set that didn't work recently for my Dad's build. My RAM won't even run at the rated speeds. The fastest I can get it to run is 1066MHZ @ 9-9-9-24 timings and I still get random crashes. My RAM Is supposed to run 1600mhz at those timings.

I've ruled out every other possible factor. I've tried my memory in another PC, same result. Next time I'm gonna get a nice set of Mushkin or Kingston. Corsair is a bit too pricey for my taste.

Last thing, I put a help thread on the OCZ Forums, and I was trying to explain how I tried some Corsair Dominator and it ran just fine, but the OCZ forums block the word "Corsair". Absolutely ridiculous....

/Rant
or some nice shiny patriot RAM, patriot hasnt failed me yet

·
MEGABYTE ME
2,765 Posts
Never had a problem with mine. But I have had constant headaches with G.Skill =/

·
Premium Member
17,407 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Biscuits_N_Gravy View Post
Huh, that sucks.

Yeah I feel the same about their DDR2 kits which where decent. But I've had no luck with their DDR3 kits.

·
Banned
8,014 Posts
Weird, I had a good experience with OCZ. I had some cheap ass 1600 DDR3 Cas 8 that I ran at 2214 Cas 8 at 1.88V and it ran like a champ.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by christoph
View Post

don't go over 1800 MHz on AMD's

And just why is that? Memory wall?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88EVGAFTW
View Post

Weird, I had a good experience with OCZ. I had some cheap ass 1600 DDR3 Cas 8 that I ran at 2214 Cas 8 at 1.88V and it ran like a champ.

Hold, hold on, hold on....... I got something to say..................................

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts