Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what should i do??

love the case and all the features, but it is just to small to work with. as i keep expanding what i have in the case, the lian li k62 keeps getting harder and harder to work with.
im thinking about selling it and getting a full tower, or going back to the HAF 922 eventually, that had tons of room.

i would really like the 800D but i think they're over 200 bucks and i just cant really spend that much right now.

i am receiving a antec 1200, and it was pretty much a gift, and am greatful for it. so we will see how it holds up and see how big it is for me and maybe ill end up liking it a lot.

so, what should i do?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it does look MUCH better i have to say. but yeah idk i cant stand trying to do cable management, and i just got a fan controller and it adds to all the wires. so thats no fun. idk i didnt have trouble doing cable management the first time but i could barely fit the side panel on after that.

idk, maybe im just overwhelmed right now and have a lot going on. so ill keep it for a while, but i just think im ready for a bigger case. going from the HAF 922 to this is MUCH smaller. so yeah, guess this is my first little rant.

·
Registered
92 Posts
in my k62 build is the rampage II extreme, bigger than your p7p and harder to build. also a scyth fancontroller.
ye its not easy to work with, but possible.

check the link in my sig, very tidy cablemangament.

·
404 Title Not Found
2,326 Posts
Before I opened the thread, I thought you were talking about a K6-2 processor. Ohhh how things have changed since then.

·
Premium Member
2,726 Posts
Just interested in hearing more thoughts on room, as I'm rather envious of this case...
Xmisery's case/setup looks great and clean with 5770's

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah my cable management didnt look bad, its the the back side was to fat to fit the case and i tried moving things around but as i keep adding things and wires, it gets harder and harder to fit everything.

i issued RMA on it, money back, free shipping. so i am thankful for newegg to do that. and i believe i will start saving for the 800D!

·
more chroma!
3,565 Posts
I have actually been thinking the same thing as I want to setup an internal watercooling setup. However, I am refraining from going to a full tower as I love this case and all its features...AND I believe that if I'm able to get everything to fit in there how I want it to, it will look amazing.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes that would look amazing i just feel its so much hassle for some reason, although, i am on spring break and dont want to mess with my comp at all.

but i got my fan controller in yesterday and started to mess with it and try and get a few little things done with it and unplugged everything and then was like man.. this is a small case..

ha. but i was overwhelmed yesterday so i may try again today.

·
more chroma!
3,565 Posts
Well it takes some work to make it look nice and clean when you're doing your cable management because there's really no place to "hide" cables except for behind the motherboard tray, and even then you have to space them about so you can get the back panel on.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah, and i did it fine the first time. but idk yesterday i didnt even wanna mess with it at all and issued my RMA which was a week late, and they still honored it.

but this is an outstanding case. just wish it could have been a bit bigger.

·
more chroma!
3,565 Posts
It would be PERFECT if it was a tad bigger...still going to fit a 280 rad internally in this sucker and it's going to shine

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes it would be perfect then! and hurry up and get that rad in there, show us some pictures!!

and :O man, i did not know the 800D was 300 bucks!! i thought it was only like 200!

·
more chroma!
3,565 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tanderson
View Post

y

and :O man, i did not know the 800D was 300 bucks!! i thought it was only like 200!

You can sometimes find them in the $250 range or if you have a local Microcenter just watch their specials.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
nice, i do have a microcenter bout 30 minutes from me. but im not going water cooling so i think i should rethink getting it since it doesnt have good airflow.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts