Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put together my new setup today x2 3800, evga 7800gt, 1 gig OCZ platinum 3200, and a asus A8N-SLI. For some reason iam only gettin at the most 70fps in css where with my 9800pro i was gettin 120fps? Am i missing somthing? Is their somthing that i have to set in the Nvidia settings? I should be able to play fear with the setting on maximum but it lags like crazy like 2 second pauses? I have the drivers and everything installed.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
my first guess is your ram.get 2 gigs .you need better ram for better graphics. I can't even play fear right now
but 2 gigs are on the way

EDIT: CS:Source is ATI's game so therefor ati's will almost always own nvidia cards *but only in css*

·
Banned
1,159 Posts
check the power supply. if its not supplying enough power to it then it will run slow and unstable (freezing and stuff)

my FAQ explains it all

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RaCeR123

my first guess is your ram.get 2 gigs .you need better ram for better graphics. I can't even play fear right now
but 2 gigs are on the way

EDIT: CS:Source is ATI's game so therefor ati's will almost always own nvidia cards *but only in css*

You don't really need to get 2 gb. He has 1gb Platinum that's a good ram and 1 gb still good for recent games..

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PigLetPInk

You don't really need to get 2 gb. He has 1gb Platinum that's a good ram and 1 gb still good for recent games..

just trying to help
like I said it was just a guess.

edit: i was looking at his profile instead of what he wrote

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Make sure it's getting engough power, and delete every single bit of ATI drivers...they might be hiding in your registly

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RaCeR123
just trying to help
like I said it was just a guess.

edit: i was looking at his profile instead of what he wrote

LoL no that's okay, i'm not trying to be mean
..Maybe, i may be wrong on what i said.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
7,891 Posts
only the one i believe, the other is so you can run something else off of it,
make sure when you go into your nvidia options- there should be a little icon in your tray or you can right click on the screen- properties- settings - advanced and then make sure you do all your adjustments like your refresh rate, performance setting (high quality to high performance which ever one you like) all that good stuff

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
you just need to plug one molex from your psu into that converter but i wouldnt have anything else like lights or fans or dvd burners connected to that line that you have your 7800 connected to.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
you only need to plug in one of the 4-pin connectors to the 7800. the second is if you need to use that same rail for another device. you should plug in a "male" 4-pin connector (the one without the 4 metal rods sticking out) from the power supply into the cord for the 7800. that will give it power. other than that...i think that there are some problems with dual-core CPU's and CSS. i have a 3700+ @ 2.6Ghz and a 7800GTX, and my frames are in the upper 100s, often in the 200s, lol, so i think it may have something to do with your CPU as well, especially since the game is heavily CPU limited.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by aero52788
what about the one above the pci-e slot?
only need to hook that up when running SLI. it's so the graphics ports have a dedicated power line from the powersupply

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
I'm pretty sure that you need to plug in 2 molex plugs in to that adapter for the best performance.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts