Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
If you MB works with dual channel memory I would get one more 512, but if it don't support dual channel go with ! Gig upgrade

·
Registered
901 Posts
If he has no dual channel he should get the 1 Gig then. Why only have 1 gig with no dual channel when you can have 1.5 gig's. Am I over looking something here?

·
Banned
85 Posts
Oh yes, the infamous SiS 661 chipset. I had that on my old ECS MoBo. The worst disaster I have ever owned. Even Dell was better. Since upgrading my MoBo to this ASUS I've tripled my memory bandwidth and OC'ed 300mhz more stable. Grab an identical stick of RAM and get a new MoBo, it'll be the best move you've ever made.

·
Premium Member
13,775 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thraxz

Oh yes, the infamous SiS 661 chipset. I had that on my old ECS MoBo. The worst disaster I have ever owned. Even Dell was better. Since upgrading my MoBo to this ASUS I've tripled my memory bandwidth and OC'ed 300mhz more stable. Grab an identical stick of RAM and get a new MoBo, it'll be the best move you've ever made.

That's exactly what I waws gonna suggest. You should really consider a new board

1 - 11 of 11 Posts