Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a rampage III formula and have decided to run 2x patriot pyro's in raid 0 using the sata 3 ports on the motherboard. Ive just done the setup and the performance is ****house. Ive done a bit of reading and heard that the marvell controllers on the ROG boards are far from good, so would i be better off formatting again and using the sata 2 ports and using the intel rapid storage controller???

·
Storage Nut
21,146 Posts
use intel, they are faster

·
Premium Member
15,257 Posts
they will still be fast on on the intel ports with RST. plus the intel ports are far more reliable which i why i see alot of people choosing intel sata ii over marvel sata iii.. the marvel on board controller just sucks.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol yea that seems to be the general consensus of the forums. I just did a crystal mark test on my other rig which has 2 OCZ agility 3 120gb in raid 0 using the marvell controller. Doesnt seem to bad, but i know my PYRO's were slower than this but on paper should be faster?

·
Storage Nut
21,146 Posts
Intel SATA 2 is faster in RAID 0 than Marvell SATA 3. You should have never used the Marvell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.