Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 Samsung SyncMaster 206BW.
The main monitor started to act up. When you turned on the PC, the monitor would flash on and off, after about 3-4 minutes, it would stay on.
So I swapped the the main with the secondary. And after a day, it basically did the same thing, but only worse. Even after like 15 minutes, it wouldn't stay on, so I had to switch them back.

I did buy both of these monitors at roughly the same time, well 1 week apart.
So I'm debating on whether to buy 2 20" or 22" LCD monitors or just buy one 32" TV. I'm kinda leaning towards the TV because of the multiple inputs.
The one I'm looking at is here.

The one thing I liked about my monitors was the dual inputs. On the main was my main gaming rig and xbox 360.
The other one acted as the secondary monitor for the gaming rig and also for the other 2 computers via a kvm switch.

Will have to try the TV out for a bit and maybe hook up all the components and see how I like it.
Has anybody gone from a monitor to a TV for there PC?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Are you sure your problem isn't your video card? Have you tried your monitors on another machine? Also, I wouldn't get a 720p TV to use as a monitor, I would get a 1080p one. Some run for about the same price as the one you posted.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
sounds like it's the monitor then, but i deff wouldnt get a 720p tv text does not look that great. now 1080p is a diff story.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I decided to dig up my receipts to see when I bought my 206BW's.
I knew that I bought them roughly 1 week apart.
I'm usually not the one to buy an extended warranty, but I bought and extended warranty for each one. So they are covered for 4 years.
So for $140 (that I paid for the extended warranty) I'll either get both replaced, or fixed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts