Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looked at comcast bill, they raised price again of modem rental, so I would appreciate if someone would recommend a reliable Docsis 3 modem to purchase from a reputable sales website. Amazon and newegg are good choices always.

·
Premium Member
4,678 Posts
The Motorola surfboard 6120 cable modem was exactly what i was looking for and picked it up at newegg because of the same reason. Just disconnect the old modem and connect the new one and make one phone call to your ISP and ask to activate the mac address one the new modem. Now you'll be saying...why didn't i do this sooner.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I have the Ubee DDM3513, it's the best modem I've ever used. In 6 months I've had to reset it exactly 0 times, and it handles my Comcast Business class internet plenty fast.

I can't speak to the Motorola 6xxx series as I don't have experience troubleshooting them, but I do know that the 5xxx are garbage to the point that if I get a call from a customer about their internet being out, one of the first questions I'll ask them is if they have a motorola modem. I'm sure the 6xxx series is fine though.

·
Read Only
10,321 Posts
Cisco DPC3010 or DPC3008. I don't think you can find them anywhere at the internet. You have to ask your ISP for one. Really nice though. Best consumer modem right now IIRC.

Or you can get a Motorola Surfboard. Pick whichever one you want.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts