Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I recently built my first PC. Specs should be in Sig hopefully. If not i will add them. I would like to try to overclock my CPU and Memory and have never done either before. My new motherboard came with some overclock tools, but i have no real clue what they mean and I have done research but im still not very sure and dont want to mess anything up as my budget is gone now for replacements. if you need any info just ask
thanks!

·
Old dog, old tricks
9,755 Posts
Hi and Welcome
Your rig is very similar to mine. On the same CPU as yours I easily hit 4.0Ghz. However Your mobo is 4+1 phase, unsinked. Do not OC too much (4Ghz is too much). Mine was also 4+1 unsinked, but I added some serious MOSFET cooling in order to hit safe 4Ghz.
The x3 450 is a Great CPU and you won't need very big OC anyway. Congrats on the new rig

(Also to mention, the stock cooler for the 450 does not allow any OC at all. In order to OC, get a better cooler)

·
Old dog, old tricks
9,755 Posts
Another thing you can do with that setup is undervolt
It doesn't give you any performance boost, but guarantees you rig will work safely for the years to come. I have undervolted x3 450 Rana and those are Great cores - on stock freq. they work stable as low as 1.2v (1.4 stock), so you may try that as well
The article is in my sig, if you feel like reading
Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts